PDA

View Full Version : Interested in RF optimization

arban
2010-09-26, 09:08 AM
Hi,

I am interested to learn about GSM and UMTS optimization.

Can I know where to start learning this?

what topic should I approach first?

can anybody share link or good documents (for beginner)?

Thanks.

egyman
2010-10-12, 09:07 PM
tell me where you live

msall
2010-10-12, 11:01 PM
Yes I am very interested in RF and looking to broaden my knowledge.. Any thing you can teach me? you can also catch me on rftesting33@gmail.com . Background is drive testing for 5 yrs and I live in USA. So please contact me.

Thanks

binladen
2010-10-12, 11:05 PM
Yes I am very interested in RF and looking to broaden my knowledge.. Any thing you can teach me? you can also catch me on rftesting33@gmail.com . Background is drive testing for 5 yrs and I live in USA. So please contact me.

Thanks
What is your nationality? If you work in USA. I think you can work for ******** or AT&T.

msall
2010-10-12, 11:29 PM
I am originally from Africa tho been living in the US for 11 years .. I have worked for ATT and ******** in in the pass just contract work. Now the only jobs available are high positions i can't do that my experience is heavily on drive testing that's why i want to learn more stuff just that i can move up. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. if you can help me contact me on google talk or yahooim:

rftesting33@gmail.com

Thanks

binladen
2010-10-13, 12:01 AM
I am originally from Africa tho been living in the US for 11 years .. I have worked for ATT and ******** in in the pass just contract work. Now the only jobs available are high positions i can't do that my experience is heavily on drive testing that's why i want to learn more stuff just that i can move up. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. if you can help me contact me on google talk or yahooim:

rftesting33@gmail.com

Thanks

The first you must learn basic about optimization. You can find internet or contact with me. But you want to become better, you should work optimization for mobile network. You can work for vender, operator or subcontractor

msall
2010-10-13, 12:16 AM
You have to have done it first before you are given the job to do it. I have worked on optimization but it was 5 years ago . I have been able to use the tools being used but since i haven't used most of these tools since . I am little uncomfortable with it now . Seems like i am starting from scratch again.

So anyone's help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

arban
2010-11-16, 05:10 PM
tell me where you live

I am from malaysia..thanks.

melkaiy
2011-05-13, 08:43 PM
I also want to improve my knwledge in optimization.... can somebody help me???? thank you

MRO3
2011-05-13, 11:46 PM
try to use search feature! there are alot of documents to read

T_ADD
2011-05-17, 12:48 PM
RF optimisation is very interesting. I also have started doing this but for cdma2000 1x. I would suggest that you start by downloading some basic notes or some book on GSM and then once it starts making sense then you will know where to go from there.

good place to get good free books is library.nu. try it and start reading.

arjaypanganiban
2011-05-19, 03:11 AM
I have been working in a Philippine Operator for GSM and UMTS networks. I do Core Network Optimization. If you want to learn Core Network or NSS related optimization, go back to the basics of System Signaling No. 7, Review functions of the MSC,VLR,HLR,STP AMR, etc. Then after you have read such topics. You can try to read UMTS topics such as MSS, MGW,SGW and SigTRAN signaling. :lol If you have any questions especially on Core Side, you can PM me. I'll try to give you the best possible answer as I can.

ramy911us
2011-06-06, 12:29 AM
try to use search feature! there are alot of documents to read

Md.Moniruzzaman
2011-06-06, 02:07 AM
Optimization comes after Design
Better design idea gives you better optimization scope.
You may step as follows

Step 1 : System architecture (GSM/CDMA/WCDMA/WiMax)
Step 2 : RF Design idea (Capcity/Coverage/Dimension etc)
Step 3 : Antenna Basic
Step 4 : Vendor specified parameter basic

After all the above basic start optimization

Step 1 : Hard Optimization
Step 2 : Soft Optimization

ventinel
2011-06-09, 03:25 PM
start with the GSM basics, especially have good knowledge for bursts structure & type and access methods used in GSM. everything is available on internet, try googling or search on this forum ;)