PDA

View Full Version : TCH Drop due to other reason

electron
2010-09-20, 02:59 PM
Hi friends,

We have a problem that is TCH drop increased due to changing ciphering algorithm in MSC. Actually the problem is this activity is affecting to some of cells not all of them what is the technical reasons?

Is there any correlation between RBS software version or something like this?

Thanks

radenmohawk
2010-09-21, 09:33 AM
Hmm.. what the reason to change chipering algorithm in MSC??
Have you tried to reset TG those cells?

electron
2010-09-21, 09:58 PM
Thanks for reply

Because of security reason government changed the algorithm.

Actually i did not tried for CF or TG reload. I suspected there is some correlation between software version of BTS .

Friends any other suggestion?

Thanks

charommel
2010-09-22, 05:33 AM
Hi, i'm not sure if this is similar to "encryption algorithm" but we had this problem before in a multivendor network. The inter-vendor handover was not taking place because of this parameter. For E*******, you can always try a quick RESET to see if this will solve the problem. goodluck.

Thanks for reply

Because of security reason government changed the algorithm.

Actually i did not tried for CF or TG reload. I suspected there is some correlation between software version of BTS .

Friends any other suggestion?

Thanks

johny
2010-12-04, 03:17 AM
Hi, i'm not sure if this is similar to "encryption algorithm" but we had this problem before in a multivendor network. The inter-vendor handover was not taking place because of this parameter. For E*******, you can always try a quick RESET to see if this will solve the problem. goodluck.

You should check the DIP quality of those sites; also ask the core dept to perform CIC testing on the problematic circuits !!

Good Luck !

striker
2010-12-04, 06:42 AM
Hi friends,

We have a problem that is TCH drop increased due to changing ciphering algorithm in MSC. Actually the problem is this activity is affecting to some of cells not all of them what is the technical reasons?

Thanks

changing the ciphering should be the same also for the bsc...if no ciphering for the msc the bsc should be no ciphering also...

zhanglw268
2010-12-05, 05:18 AM
Hi friends,

Thanks

If you changed the Ciphering Algorithm at the MSC, you need to change/update All BSCs/BTS under the same MSC to support the same ciphering algorithm.

If you have more than one MSC, then every MSC and BSC shall have been updated to support the same Algorithm.

If you have 3G MSCs, you need also to update 3G MSCs to support this.

If you have more than one ciphering Algorithms, you need to configure the MSC to send the "HANDOVER COMMAND" with "Cipher Option" in it to indicate which ciphering algorithm is used, otherwise it will cause handover failure and drop calls.

Zhanglw268