PDA

View Full Version : Importing maps (backdrop), vectors, clutter into aircom

korle
2008-08-25, 10:10 PM
Is there any chance to get any possible documentation or hint how to import files (.shp format) that I have got from map provider into aircom 6.0?
not just vectors, also clutter !
And the format of index.txt file should be like .....

If there is any hint, please, let me know. Please!

miro
2008-09-17, 03:49 AM
dear

i think that maps are not imported into any planning tool ....specilay in aircom

normally what is done is that you dfine the path in which he maps exit....thats don in aircom by definning the project setting ,, just after the you log into aircom dstabase you press the info tab in the next window....

thats it ....no neeed for imports

keen regards

VMatas
2008-09-17, 04:14 AM
You simply need convert ESRI *.shp format to MAPINFO *.tab format (can be done with Mapinfo by itself or with a FME Suite) and then you can add your data to Aircom. Index file can be generated via Aircom Powertools. Other way - you can simply import *.tab files within Aircom using Vector Manager. In that way iondex file will be generated by Vector Manager automatically. Enjoy!

korle
2008-09-17, 04:09 PM
Hi All

Thanks for that infos.
Miro: you are right, there is no need to import them into tool. Just to specify the path. My mistake, I did not state the question correct.
VMatas: thx for advice. Some hove I have managed to import my vector files via using Vector Manager. But I have problems with heights. I have got them in .XYZ format. There is no way so far, that Aircom would read those files.
Same problem with clutter format. It is .bin format with index.txt and menu.txt file. It can be seen in Data Types, I can choose some of clutter types, but it is just not displayed, neither in Map view gadgets Information.

So, is there any advice how to deal with height and clutter data formats. Is there any additional help to see, since I am not used to deal with index.xml file format.

br

Jernej

VMatas
2008-09-17, 04:51 PM
Hi korte,

try convert XYZ data similar as described in this thread: http://www.5inetop.cn/viewthread.php?tid=1129&extra=page%3D1 . Regarding clutter data - you sure that you really have clutter data? Check legend colors for the clutter types, may be for some reason you have white color... :)
Try with  free 250m resolution data from this site: http://www.computamaps.com/es/catalog/index_7.html . They data can be opened and displayed by Aircom. Good luck!

korle
2008-09-22, 08:58 PM
Hi

I have found the problem with clutter data. It is index.txt file, that I have got it from clutter map supplier and the thing is that there was no end of line in txt file.
With .XYZ filer format of heights I have found some other solution, but i am going to try according to your hint as soon I have some time to deal with.

BR

kORLE

korle
2008-09-22, 09:36 PM
Hi all

Now I am facing the problem of importing the antenna pattern. There is no way that I could import any pattern into tool. Not even if I follow instructions from antenna vendors.

Any suggestion?

br

clive
2008-09-22, 10:53 PM
Hi Korle

Request you to post a consolidated document on Importing of Maps into Aircom - once you are done with this Q&A sessions and have successfully achived your goals.

VMatas
2008-09-23, 03:19 AM
Antenna pattern file format?

krobelux
2008-09-23, 04:03 PM
there are a lot of file type that for importing antenna pattern, i usually use '.XML' format. and '.txt' format for importing antenna pattern.

korle
2008-09-26, 03:36 PM
It is quite strange that I can not import for example antenna pattern file from Kathrein into Aircom, but I used to do it whithout any problem with Odyssey planning tool. It is also strange, if I prepare the file in format like it is described in help of Aircom,, I am also not able to import the file, error message is something like wrong heather format.

I have to admitt, that sometimes i have filling, that this Aircom plannin tool is not so "open" as may be some other tools.

korle
2008-09-26, 03:50 PM
Forgot to add

Since I was not able to import antenna pattern file into Aircom, I have had to type angles with values manualy into Aircom. For one antenna. It is too much work to do so certainly I have to figure how to import this files. Is there any possibility to provide me the file format of any antenna that can be imported into your Aircom?

br

korle

dTl
2008-09-30, 12:35 AM
Hi VMatas,
I try following your method, but 2D View is nothing. I send the map file I convert from .shp -> .tab by Map Infor. You can help me how the Aricom show this map. Can you send a sample map file that can open from Aircom???.

Thanks

dTl
2008-09-30, 02:52 AM
I got 48P directory from computamaps page, It include:
clutter
dtm
map
ortho

the projection file in dtm dir content:
GRS-1980
UTM
0 105 500000 0

2008-09-30 00:41:28: Optima: Optima Cannot Log In.
2008-09-30 00:41:48: Index file not found : C:\48P\dtm\index.txt
2008-09-30 00:41:51: Advantage Clutter Constraints: No clutter data available.
2008-09-30 00:41:57: Ready

What should i set for Coord System, Map data directory Tab When I create new project??

Brs,