PDA

View Full Version : TEMS Discovery expert answers questions

banisha
2010-08-18, 08:53 PM
Hi all,

I have been using TEMS Discovery 2 intensively last couple of months.
If you have any questions regarding usage of the software feel free to ask. I am needing reputation badly so I'll try to help you and answer all your questions.

I also attached TEMS Discovery roadmap if someone wants to see planned developing of the software in the future.

BR

Optim
2010-08-18, 09:11 PM
Thanks. I have add thanks and reputation:)

Darko
2010-08-18, 09:57 PM
TEMS Discovery has so many bugs that I stopped using it. :mad:

banisha
2010-08-18, 10:48 PM

At the beginning it had many bugs but know in version 2.0.4 most of the big bugs are corrected. Here and there some smaller ones appear but Ascom is quickly correcting every reported bug. It's still a new tool and it has come a long way from version 1. First version was crashing a lot but now I don't remember when it crashed on me last time.
Btw, I'm not Ascom employee :D

BR

D33T0X
2010-08-19, 03:29 AM
TEMS has changed a lot (not in a positive way) since Ascom took over... this Discovery thing made my life so miserable so I've stopped using it... thanks and reputation added anyway.:cool:

banisha
2010-08-19, 05:51 AM
I agree that TEMS changed some things in a bad way while under Ascom. But in my opinion Discovery is not one of those bad things. Ascom made one big mistake with it, and that is releasing the software that is not fully finished and tested. When customers got hold of it, they were rejected by it's bugs, and also manual was not (and to be honest still isn't) so good. There is no real user guide, so most of people do not know how to use it.
They are aiming to get some of Actix customers and we'll see what will happen :)
BR

@optim and @D33T0X : thx for the rep!

freakturd06
2010-08-20, 12:23 AM
At the beginning it had many bugs but know in version 2.0.4 most of the big bugs are corrected. Here and there some smaller ones appear but Ascom is quickly correcting every reported bug. It's still a new tool and it has come a long way from version 1. First version was crashing a lot but now I don't remember when it crashed on me last time.
Btw, I'm not Ascom employee :D

BR

I thought you were if you didn't mentioned.:p

bassem_16
2010-08-20, 12:44 AM
So anyone has 2.0.4 patch :D since it corrected all bugs in ver 2 ;)

onlygod
2010-08-21, 04:20 AM
It's on their website
http://www.ascom.com/en/index/support/support-tems/technical-support/tems-discovery-3.htm

bassem_16
2010-08-21, 11:41 PM
You can not download the patches from their website, you have to contact the support team to get the patches, so You must purchase TEMS discovery first before being able to get the patches from them :(

So if anyone already downloaded the patch and can share it please do :)

grid666
2010-08-21, 11:49 PM
You can not download the patches from their website, you have to contact the support team to get the patches, so You must purchase TEMS discovery first before being able to get the patches from them :(

So if anyone already downloaded the patch and can share it please do :)

It would be good if someone can post full installation of Tems Discovery 2.xx

tibetan
2010-08-22, 06:48 AM
DARKO working for Actix?

Darko
2010-08-22, 06:31 PM
DARKO working for Actix?

Guess again... :)

tibetan
2010-08-22, 10:47 PM
Where can I get TEMS Discovery Professional? Other than from Ascom.

Hi all,

I have been using TEMS Discovery 2 intensively last couple of months.
If you have any questions regarding usage of the software feel free to ask. I am needing reputation badly so I'll try to help you and answer all your questions.

I also attached TEMS Discovery roadmap if someone wants to see planned developing of the software in the future.

BR

onlygod
2010-08-25, 03:53 AM
It would be good if someone can post full installation of Tems Discovery 2.xx

I could get the install, but I don't have a license for it, so it's not much use.

saullow
2011-02-24, 02:39 AM
there is no free solution yet for TD 2.1

tremalnike
2011-02-24, 04:40 AM
I want to share my first impressions from TD 2.1.1 Standard. I use it few days ago - it's disappointing like TIG12 .

So, benefits in my opinion is:
1. Easy to use. Great interface - like Nemo Analyzer :p
2. It process TIG12 log-files quickly in comparison with other tools.
3. Easy and fast creation of super-streams.
4. Supports a lot Geo data formats.

But:
1.Standard version is too truncated - It is not usable for real post processing and troubleshooting. Essential features are not available! Custom Scripts are forbidden ! (For example: you can't compute and plot average RSCP for all members of AS or for all scanned SC)
2.Geo data manipulation is worse.Labeling options are limited and also you can't override tab symbols.
3.Don't have any "forms" like Actix or TIG and TIG RA (example: you can't visualize Serving/Active set+neighbors window like in TIG or etc.) . This is serious issue, when try to do a troubleshooting.
4. Automated reports are uselessness in practical aspects. Custom reports aren't available in standard version.
5. Histograms and charts have no enough options for customization.

That's for the moment. Please share opinions about PRO version.
I'm waiting for actix version that supports tig12 logfiles ....

Note that listed above is my opinion. Somebody may like it.

BR