PDA

View Full Version : Actix Limitations

yilkork
2010-08-16, 07:02 PM
Hi Experts,
Is there any limitation for Log File countity on Actix. Because while i wanna load large numbers of log file (about 4400 log file), sometimes Actix is crashin and sometimes it says "out of memory" after 12-13 hours working. How can i load all my logfiles in actix? or is there any way to merge logfiles in Actix ?

Thanks

Optim
2010-08-16, 07:42 PM
Hi,
Yes there is limitation and its depend in your memory and if computer 32 or 64 bit! import by few log file and create the super stream and delete the previous.
Hope its will work.

yilkork
2010-08-16, 07:57 PM
Hi,
Yes there is limitation and its depend in your memory and if computer 32 or 64 bit! import by few log file and create the super stream and delete the previous.
Hope its will work.

But i have limited time to do this :(

Rooster[BG]
2010-08-16, 08:09 PM
But i have limited time to do this :(

There is limitation in Actix. If Actix process reach around 1.5 GB it will stop working. It depends of your configuration - more devices - less logs.
For sure you won't be able to load 4400 log files.

You need to create a repository in Actix or use Spotlight.

kamy
2010-08-17, 12:14 AM
;96219']There is limitation in Actix. If Actix process reach around 1.5 GB it will stop working. It depends of your configuration - more devices - less logs.

this seems incorrect, I load 2gb logfiles (huwei Probe), still okie

yilkork
2010-08-17, 01:05 AM
;96219']There is limitation in Actix. If Actix process reach around 1.5 GB it will stop working. It depends of your configuration - more devices - less logs.

I tried both Repository and Spotlight

liukang
2010-08-17, 02:14 AM
Hi Experts,
Is there any limitation for Log File countity on Actix. Because while i wanna load large numbers of log file (about 4400 log file), sometimes Actix is crashin and sometimes it says "out of memory" after 12-13 hours working. How can i load all my logfiles in actix? or is there any way to merge logfiles in Actix ?

Thanks
hi yilkork, if you open *.isf file generated by Qualcomm QxDM you need convert isf file to dlf file. You will save your computer memory, and it is solution for open to much logfile.

BR!

asiantiger
2010-08-17, 04:55 AM
Hello yilkork

Please try to first make .FMT file from tems export with limited number of required attributes and then improt that FMT file in actix.

Hope this will help.

BR

tiger

Rooster[BG]
2010-08-17, 04:16 PM
I tried both Repository and Spotlight

I guess it was unsuccessful ?

Try to load the files on parts (load 100 files, restart, add files to the repository...).

I've tried repository of 8GB of logs so maybe the problem is what parameters are included in the repository.