PDA

View Full Version : Is there something for Power Congestion

Tomas Delgado
2010-08-12, 09:54 AM
Hi there, does someboy know a effective solution for power congestion that is not one of the following:
-New site
-New carrier
-Adding a cell to the site( from 3 - 4/5/6)
-Reduce PCPICH power (because you dont want to reduce pcpich coverage)
-Increase BLER Target
-Modify Min and Max RL power per service.
-Service based handover
-DL RAB reconfiguration based on congestion or TVM.

Thanks

moslyi0891
2010-08-12, 10:04 AM
You had mentioned all the solutions

Tomas Delgado
2010-08-13, 06:40 AM
Is there some feature or procedure?????

tibetan
2010-08-13, 06:45 AM
Piss customers off so they won't be ones again, then no congestion.
:p

rfrules
2010-08-13, 11:41 AM
If you have overlapping coverage you may try moving traffic to other neighbor cells via qOffset2sn or if you have additional carriers check your traffic balance, but as mention by mostly you listed all solutions.

I had used PwrAdm up to 90 and works fine, and drop calls increase but not that much.

TZUN TZU
2010-08-13, 04:36 PM
The only problem with setting pwradm to 90 is that you can effectively disable soft congestion depending on your pwroffset. Remember pwradm+pwroffset (p7) must be lower than 100, unless you are trying to maximise the site for revenue.....Just something to consider....

Tomas Delgado
2010-08-14, 06:39 AM
Ok guys, lets put them in chronological orden supposing that the operator doesnt have the budget and besides all theyre miserly, i put my idea an at the end we can have an order of implementation based on cost, assume you just want to apply a solution that only affects the cell not the entire RNC and that cpich power reducing is not possible.
1.-DL RAB reconfiguration based on congestion or TVM.
2.-Service based handover
3.-Modify qOffset2sn
4.-Modify Min and Max RL power per service.
5.-Blast power admision control
6.-Adding a cell to the site( from 3 to 4/5/6 cells)
7.-New site
8.-New carrier
Vendors can implement some feature or algorithm to help this, i mean like the 1st step to aliviate only power congestion.

cococrunch
2010-08-14, 06:52 AM
Currently how many watts per cell?

You can try to use MHA.

Tomas Delgado
2010-08-14, 10:34 AM
Well, lets say not a mature network but definately not a recently deployed. You got the basics, one carrier and only 20W Radio units per cell. Its intersting what you propose, but it reminds me the case of using the other 20W of the radio units that have dual band capacity but for the same band, i mean able to transmit 2 carriers in one frequency lot like 850mhz. As far as i remember its clearly noted in one book that this can only works in environments that can handle bigger mapl, like rural scenarios. Also i have tried that in a urban , sub-urban scenario and the results are almost null. So with MHA you would enhance coverage more than capacity. Explain it a little more.

redernesto
2010-08-14, 02:52 PM
If your network is young, you can try modify Cell Individual Offset parameter for carrier only primary traffic one or two radiokink and save power.

cococrunch
2010-08-15, 03:13 PM
I think power can either provide capacity or coverage depending on your strategy. Maximize PCPICH and you get better coverage but less for Ptx for traffic and vice versa, this varies serving area requirements. In our network we have 2 freqs in 2100 band, all cells have 40 watts power may it be urban or rural and we still get Ptx congestion.
I think its about assessing the current situation in your network regarding power upgrade, then you can start from there. I hope it helps..

dk2000
2010-08-19, 01:23 PM
My network has a same problem "Power Congestion".

- We control the coverage of some cells, it's will be OK.
- Use blind handover from f1 to f2 if cell has 2 carrier.

Some Expert can help us this problem, please:(

redernesto
2010-08-19, 01:42 PM
You Must turn off cac algoritm in Cell with Power Congestion or modify CAC parameters.

Kitachi
2010-09-08, 05:24 PM
In my network, the setting of para TimetoTrigger4B in the downlink is D30000 (30s), but recommended value is D2560. Is this para effect to the power congestion or others?. Vendor is Huawei.
Thanks need more explanation about this.