PDA

View Full Version : Question What are the posible reasons of low throughput as HSDA point of Veiw ?

moslyi0891
2010-08-12, 05:02 AM
Hi all :

What are the posible reasons of low throughput as HSDA point of Veiw ?

I analized the log file and the Layer3 messages (UL interference is -97)

Do you have any good suggestions ?:o

OptimiNSN
2010-08-12, 09:37 AM
I would not be so sure that the NodeB is the problem, usually there are other factors affecting the low throughput, One of the main problems is the backbone, transmission rates, IMA Group over SDH, Ethernet over SDH, fiber or the type of configuration in the transmission. The signaling depends very much on the final answer. If the NodeB is properly configured access control, Scheduling and no alarms on the system module or sectors usually the bottleneck is elsewhere.

Please specify vendor, If this problem is a cell or a cluster. Check in DirveTest as the pilot pollution.

moslyi0891
2010-08-12, 10:09 AM
I would not be so sure that the NodeB is the problem, usually there are other factors affecting the low throughput, One of the main problems is the backbone, transmission rates, IMA Group over SDH, Ethernet over SDH, fiber or the type of configuration in the transmission. The signaling depends very much on the final answer. If the NodeB is properly configured access control, Scheduling and no alarms on the system module or sectors usually the bottleneck is elsewhere.

Please specify vendor, If this problem is a cell or a cluster. Check in DirveTest as the pilot pollution.

The vendor is NSN

oswe
2010-08-13, 01:42 AM
The vendor is NSN

check Tx config.
Ask Tx persons to show you if the user plane has the right throughput and parameters (NSN has performance counters for that)
check also history... you will know if the throughput lowered for some reason by observing the statistics...
regards

moslyi0891
2010-08-13, 02:26 AM
check Tx config.
Ask Tx persons to show you if the user plane has the right throughput and parameters (NSN has performance counters for that)
check also history... you will know if the throughput lowered for some reason by observing the statistics...
regards

What are the most counters I have to take care of them ?
:o..The site had recently came on air

tibetan
2010-08-13, 06:36 AM
From RF part:
Pilot pollutions and excessive handover would significantly degrade HSDPA performance and cause low throughput.

moslyi0891
2010-08-13, 08:52 AM
From RF part:
Pilot pollutions and excessive handover would significantly degrade HSDPA performance and cause low throughput.

oh but not that much of Handover s in my case

kevin_h811
2010-08-13, 12:22 PM
Hi MOSLYI,

Any existing alarms on site?

Regards//

TZUN TZU
2010-08-13, 06:44 PM
What is the reported and used cqi?
Is it degradation or has it always been poor?
What is the hssch/pdsch code usage for the cell?
What is the power usage for the cell?

Sorry for the questions just trying to get an overview