PDA

View Full Version : Asset Deleteing Antennas

asifhaider919
2010-07-30, 05:47 AM
Dear,

I have loaded antenna pattern in my database. Is it possible to delete the antenna patterns from the database, they are hundreds of antennas i cannot delete them one by one, is there any way that i delete all of them at once?

(reason being i have got a better organized XML file of antenna patterns)

plannerguy
2010-07-30, 09:08 PM
You can perform the same through Global edit option in ASSET

Regards
Plannerguy

asifhaider919
2010-07-31, 02:56 AM
You can perform the same through Global edit option in ASSET

Regards
Plannerguy

I dont think there is any option of deleting the entire Antenna Database through global edit..

Help!!!!!!!!!

student21
2010-07-31, 03:47 AM
I have to agree...
Unfortunately, the only way is to do it manually, but before that you have to ensure no cell in DB has allocated THAT pattern... otherwise, it will say "hello, you cannot delete me.... someone is using me!!!".... :)

Oracle database is not stupid...

Really, if there are too many patterns to delete one-by-one, just create another project importing the sites in xml format from the old... but before, create your database of antennae...
UNLESS, you have "shared" the patterns for ALL the projects... then, my friend.... no idea how to help you...

what does the manual say? :rolleyes:

asifhaider919
2010-07-31, 04:21 AM
I have to agree...
Unfortunately, the only way is to do it manually, but before that you have to ensure no cell in DB has allocated THAT pattern... otherwise, it will say "hello, you cannot delete me.... someone is using me!!!".... :)

Oracle database is not stupid...

Really, if there are too many patterns to delete one-by-one, just create another project importing the sites in xml format from the old... but before, create your database of antennae...
UNLESS, you have "shared" the patterns for ALL the projects... then, my friend.... no idea how to help you...

what does the manual say? :rolleyes:

My Antennas are shared among the project :(

the manual is dumb about this :(

student21
2010-07-31, 04:59 AM
Well... if you shared the antennae patterns between projects, there isn't much you can do... try, at first to disassociate the patterns from the cells, of all projects... delete patterns one-by-one....

before doing that, you'd better export and make a backup of all the projects...

it is a messy job, dude :mad:

asifhaider919
2010-07-31, 05:10 AM
Well... if you shared the antennae patterns between projects, there isn't much you can do... try, at first to disassociate the patterns from the cells, of all projects... delete patterns one-by-one....

before doing that, you'd better export and make a backup of all the projects...

it is a messy job, dude :mad:

I have over 300 patterns :(..

Is there any way to delete everything in the database? so that i come to the point where the enterprise will be just like it was when i installed it.? means having no data

student21
2010-07-31, 05:51 AM
dude.... >300 patterns!!! who does such a thing??? :o

oops, you did....

try to access the admin account, but over there (as far as i remember) you can do admin stuff such create user + user rights, delete permanently a project... handling a certain type of database (antennae patterns in your case), i'm not so sure.... give it a shot

cheers,
student21

P.S.
when you reply, please do not quote... it just makes the thread longer than it should be... refer to the username or something... thanks for your cooperation