PDA

View Full Version : Degradation of interference with AMR HR

banisha
2010-07-29, 08:09 PM
Does anyone have experience with this?
When implementing AMR HR on a cell, % of downlink noisy calls with interference in RMS rises from 0 to some percentage (e.g. 6%). When disabling AMR HR all goes back to normal. Other KPIs are not affected. Equipment is Alcatel.
Thank you

banisha
2010-07-30, 09:23 PM
Does anyone have comment, I really need help with this.

oswe
2010-08-03, 07:55 AM
It happens already... you cannot expect to use twice number of calls without loss of quality.
We had the same in southAmerica and we balanced the traffic where quality was an issue (FR-HR load % adjusting per cell)
:)

banisha
2010-08-03, 04:07 PM
Thank you for your answer.
I was not comparing EFR vs. AMR HR, but HR vs. AMR HR. RMS statistics reports high number of interfered calls when implementing AMR. Percentage of interference HOs also goes up. If I disable AMR on that cell, all goes back to normal. Very strange, don't you think? :)

oswe
2010-08-04, 01:58 AM
Thank you for your answer.
I was not comparing EFR vs. AMR HR, but HR vs. AMR HR. RMS statistics reports high number of interfered calls when implementing AMR. Percentage of interference HOs also goes up. If I disable AMR on that cell, all goes back to normal. Very strange, don't you think? :)

Interesting, let me have a look.

nebo
2011-02-08, 08:47 PM
We also experienced this kind of problem in our network.
I noticed that it happens only with TGT18 TRXs and it is related to DTX activation. Try to deactivate DTX AMR HR (Downlink_DTX_enable_AMR_HR) and interference will go back to values before activation.
When DTX activated DL quality measurements aren't relevant and should be discarded but with TGT18 it probably not happened. Because of that RMS statistics are degraded, but in my opinion there isn't degradation from user perspective. This is what we got from documentation we have and drive test measurements, but we didn't get approve from ALU support.

Scubadiver
2011-09-26, 04:11 PM
When implementing AMR HR on a cell, % of downlink noisy calls with interference in RMS rises from 0 to some percentage (e.g. 6%). When disabling AMR HR all goes back to normal. Other KPIs are not affected. Equipment is Alcatel.
Thank you

If disabeling the DTX didnt help,you might need to tune the AMR thresholds

maverrickforever
2011-09-26, 04:27 PM
Thank you

hi dear, check the traffic in the site if it is nearing 98% of the site capacity try to offload the site by physical optimization of the cell. If you really need to implement the AMR HR then check traffic and implement. Adding a physical TRX to handle the increased traffic would be good idea.

If you like it kindly add to reputation. If not do let me know the fault.:L:p