PDA

View Full Version : Clutters classification

justdream
2008-08-14, 09:59 PM
Dears

I would like to understand the difference (in details) between the following clutter types to know how to classify my town from the following clutters points of view:

Dense collective (urban)
Dense individual (sub urban)
Mean collective
Village (rural)

Thanks a lot.

hassen
2008-08-15, 03:11 AM
It is classified according to the density of population.
for example dense urban I think more 10000 people for an area of 1 square Km ect...

kvf
2008-08-15, 04:10 AM
I don't agree
During calculates the propagation we use prediction models. In these models we use clutters
Clutter details: height and type of buildings (concrete, brick, wood), type of terrain (mountainous, etc)
Clutters use in Okumura-Hata model, and others too
Every clutter has own path loss: for urban, sub urban, open country (for Okumura-Hata)
And, for example, dense urban is like Manhatten, Tokyo,.....cities.

hassen
2008-08-15, 07:39 AM
Hi kvf
you're right my friend , my answer relates to the definition of dense Urban Area,which is essentially a habitat (building).
For radio network planner you should know for example In rural areas, a cell will reach a radius of several kilometers. In urban areas, population density requires a mesh tighter, with cells sometimes not covering a radius of a few tens of meters.
and about Okumura-Hata formulas ,you know that is empirical formulas, obtained by experiance and it is dificult to say Every clutter has own path loss
like by definition ,because The radio waves and love are strange paths ( proverb well known in the world radio),a city is dynamic, metal objects are a big obstacle, where a harmful factor for communication are the reflections,In such situation hollows and crètes wave may overlap so that it cancel ,
without taking into concideration walls and ceilings, which are excellent attenuators for radio waves.
someone is capable of giving a mathematical model for a random situation ,I do not think my friend.

BR Hassen

justdream
2008-08-16, 06:53 AM
This is my classification:
Do you agree with my clutters classification?

[ Last edited by justdream at 2008-8-16 06:09 ]

IHABNSN
2008-08-19, 05:56 PM
I think it depends in both population and the heights also there are also sub classifications of these

hassen
2008-09-06, 12:18 AM
Lp = K1 + K2 lgd + K3(hm) + K4 lghm + K5 lg(Heff )
+ K6 lg(Heff ) lgd + K7 diffn + Kclutter

Medium value of propagation loss can be calculated according to these K values,However
Correction for propagation model is necessarly.

hassen
2008-09-06, 05:51 AM
The model Okumura Hata takes into account a percentage of buildings in the direction of spreading it considers to be treated as natural barriers

COST 231-Hata Model is a model empiric obtained from mo鑜e of Okumura Hata used to cover the band f閝uence [1500.2000] MHz

COST 231-Walfisch-Ikegami Model is a model semideterministic applied preferably in the urban environment. It is based on the model-Walfish Bertoni and Ikegami model

Erceg model: set for mobile systems 2 GHz band in a suburban environment and antenna height of the user should be about 2m

SUI model: used in broadband LAN and which was perfected by the group IEEE802.16

Good Luck !

Hassen

kenshinz
2008-09-06, 06:16 AM
interesting and helpful to understand. thank you hassen

uel888
2008-09-06, 06:37 AM
Thanks for the info Hassen.

fotondiamond
2008-09-08, 07:58 AM
Thank you good one
BR//