PDA

View Full Version : Help - How to test the HSDPA Access Failure Rate by drive test?

cdmahn
2010-07-28, 06:14 PM
Hi all,

We have to test some performance parameters of HSDPA/HSUPA by drive test tools. However, it is difficult for us to get the HSDPA Access Failure Rate, because we don't know how to make HSDPA sessions.

Pls someone help us to share your ideas/experiences about the problems.

Thanks in advance

cdmahn
2010-07-28, 07:25 PM
Oh, I've just already know how to make HSDPA connection by SE handsets in TEMS, but not know for datacards.

nextgenius
2010-07-28, 07:58 PM
Well you can simply test internet speed upload and download maximum data using data card.....
take the snapshot of 3rd party speed monitor software.

cdmahn
2010-07-28, 10:25 PM
Yes, I've also tested like this, but the question is how to be sure that the connection is HSDPA and not is R99.

nextgenius
2010-07-28, 10:58 PM
well my data card has an option to use only umts
but i will confirm u soon

kamy
2010-07-28, 11:26 PM
usually, setting locking technologies from OMC should be taken into account than locking on the terminal

oswe
2010-08-03, 08:12 AM
Are you actually working in the company ? can you talk to someone there?
cause... here we have parameter setting that ANY desired rate bigger THAN 32 Kbps when the UE supports it ... should be HS channel (that is, HSDPA is preferred unless the UE wont support HSDPA)
regards:D

tpkj
2010-08-03, 11:54 PM
Yes, I've also tested like this, but the question is how to be sure that the connection is HSDPA and not is R99.
The transport channel reconfiguration is done by RNC. How many UARFCN you are using in the network. If you are using two, the second one is probably for R5 and R6 mobiles (Multirab with voice), and first one for CS and R99.

TZUN TZU
2010-08-16, 06:33 AM
What drive test tool are you using? TEMS/NEMO should give you all the info you need, you just need to set up the correct HS graphs/tables. You can also use the report generator.
If you are testing blind then as mentioned earlier then speed/frequency/ue settings are the only indicators available.

Let me know if you still need further information and I can send you some scripts and workspaces.

mirza
2010-10-27, 01:52 PM
What drive test tool are you using? TEMS/NEMO should give you all the info you need, you just need to set up the correct HS graphs/tables. You can also use the report generator.
If you are testing blind then as mentioned earlier then speed/frequency/ue settings are the only indicators available.

Let me know if you still need further information and I can send you some scripts and workspaces.

I am using Tems, Can you send the required info.

imran5911
2010-10-27, 03:01 PM
what drive test tool r u using ?