PDA

View Full Version : Licensing process

shahram
2008-08-11, 10:43 PM
In this topic I want to understand the structure of licensing for softwares like TEMS (TCP or TLP) and Actix.<br>I want to know the process (in general) of implementing the license kit-(for example Sentinel LM)-into the software.<br>For example the programmer team buys the SDK with a vendor ID and serial number and after that implement the protection into his/her software.<br>then I can not understand the licensing for different technologies!!how does this implemented?!<br>for example in these licenses:<br><br>V37LHULQ# "GSM" version "TCP_LI_1", no expiration date, exclusive<br><br>YGPUXRO97LY8H# "TEMS_AFP" version "TCP_LI_1", no expiration date, exclusive<br><br>8V92NSBK# "INTERNAL" version "TCP_LI_1", no expiration date, exclusive <br><br><br>you see different features that the license generator can grant the user: INTERNAL,only GSM,TEMS AFP,...<br>I can not understand how this is implemented in license generator(from a programmer point of view).<br><br>my second question is: what is the difference between INTERNAL version of this kind of licenses with the licenses that just one technology has been licensed(Like GSM) ??<br>Is INTERNAL license the most general one that support all the technologies and features that a software has?!<br><br>Thanks for your comments in advance<br>Shahram<br>

clive
2008-08-11, 10:52 PM
It is too complicate dto explian here. The complete SDK manual explains the process.

1. Broadly, you take the exe file and encrypt it with vendor id & all the features you want to generate lic for - then distribute.
2. Then you enable diff features in ur sw by activating them by creating the Licesnes with sam enames. You have Feature Name & feature version. You can give names as per your Lic policy & need to follow this throughout the life cycle of your product.

shahram
2008-08-11, 10:55 PM
@clive
Does INTERNAL version of TEMS licenses means everything ?! all the features?!

clive
2008-08-11, 11:10 PM
Not necessarily.
Like I said, it is just a feature name.
It doesn't mean that it is for Internal use & hence should have all features enabled.
I have seen many commercial Licenses but there is no ' enable all' feature. That will be disaster for any sw company if that leaks out or someone figures it out :)

shahram
2008-08-11, 11:51 PM
what would be your answer if we talk specially about TEMS Cell Planner and Actix ?!

kaka.enine
2008-08-11, 11:53 PM
Absolutely agree with clive,
Just wanna adding some info...

In several sw, there's a key or core of license.
In planet, planetEV lic is the core license for this sw, yu can have all the other license, but without this core lic... Surelly the others will b useless...

BR,

-kaka-

Yachi
2008-08-12, 05:56 AM
thank you !
really a story patienante of Licensing process

fotondiamond
2008-08-15, 07:31 AM
good infos, thanks & Regards

quanshui
2008-08-15, 12:37 PM
看不懂,晕啊,还得好好学习