PDA

View Full Version : Call Trace

cvthiagu
2010-07-25, 06:03 PM
Hi,

I have done BSS Level Call Trace(********), Even though the Manual says the output is As per the ETSI GSM 12.08 Standards. I could not get much from the GSM 12.08 Pdf. I am not able to decode the Hex Values (what does it mean, Order of Values etc., ) Can any one guide me in this regard

Thanks in Adv

danikd
2010-07-25, 06:19 PM
Hi,

I have done BSS Level Call Trace(********), Even though the Manual says the output is As per the ETSI GSM 12.08 Standards. I could not get much from the GSM 12.08 Pdf. I am not able to decode the Hex Values (what does it mean, Order of Values etc., ) Can any one guide me in this regard

Thanks in Adv

What exactly you are looking in those traces?

apo7
2010-07-25, 06:49 PM
Hi,

Thanks in Adv

You need CTP-GSM software (depends on which BSS software version you are using, GSR8, GSR9, etc.) to decode those hex values.

cvthiagu
2010-07-25, 06:58 PM
Hi Apo7

Is the CTP - GSM is bundled with GSR9 or We have to purchase it

Regards

cvthiagu
2010-07-25, 09:47 PM
I have enabled Auto RF loss Trace. I want to know the cause for calls being dropped at a particular place since drive test on road show things are good.
Decoding of MS Report, AMR Report in the call trace( Hex Values ) will help me thats why

apo7
2010-08-21, 10:32 PM
Hi Apo7

Is the CTP - GSM is bundled with GSR9 or We have to purchase it

Regards

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I am not sure whether there are any agreements between ******** and the operator for the software to be bundle or not but normally the operator will need to purchase it unless if you are working for ********.

Also, you might need to check the BSS logs just in case maybe there are some alarms which will help you to identify the root cause for the drops.

Regards.

mankhan
2010-08-24, 10:12 PM
hi ,

are you using ******** COP for decoding the CTP traces , which you have enabled on BSC .

Regards,
MAK

cvthiagu
2010-08-24, 11:12 PM
yes , enabled on BSC