PDA

View Full Version : Mapinfo to Atoll export

dacoder
2010-07-24, 06:49 PM
I have a table in Mapinfo which includes Name, Longitude and Latitude of some places. I want to export that table into Atoll. I have exported that table in .mif format but when i import it with Atoll, those locations are not shown in it. Please help me

thank you

telwind
2010-07-24, 07:24 PM
I have a table in Mapinfo which includes Name, Longitude and Latitude of some places. I want to export that table into Atoll. I have exported that table in .mif format but when i import it with Atoll, those locations are not shown in it. Please help me

thank you

have you check the projection using of mif and atoll setting. it have to be same.

dacoder
2010-07-24, 11:18 PM
have you check the projection using of mif and atoll setting. it have to be same.

In Atoll, for Projection I'm using WGS 84/ UTM zone 45N and for Display I'm using WGS 84. As for Mappinfo table I exported I'm using Longitude/Latitude( Indian for India, Bangladesh, Nepal) as projection. Is there anything wrong in this setting?

Thank you

telwind
2010-07-24, 11:36 PM
In Atoll, for Projection I'm using WGS 84/ UTM zone 45N and for Display I'm using WGS 84. As for Mappinfo table I exported I'm using Longitude/Latitude( Indian for India, Bangladesh, Nepal) as projection. Is there anything wrong in this setting?

Thank you

i believe you need to convert your exporting mapinfo file into same projection set in Atoll.

to convert, you can try it: 'save cope as'\select mapinfo file\'save as'\select 'projection'\select 'longitude/latitude'\'UMT Zone...(WGS84)....'\...

dacoder
2010-07-26, 01:14 AM
i believe you need to convert your exporting mapinfo file into same projection set in Atoll.

to convert, you can try it: 'save cope as'\select mapinfo file\'save as'\select 'projection'\select 'longitude/latitude'\'UMT Zone...(WGS84)....'\...
That did it... Now the locations are shown in Atoll.
Thanks a lot

liukang
2010-07-27, 04:39 PM

thank you
I thinks,from Atoll you can import tab file directly. Because i was import *.tab file to Atoll successful without export to mif file.

BR!

dacoder
2010-07-28, 01:20 AM
I thinks,from Atoll you can import tab file directly. Because i was import *.tab file to Atoll successful without export to mif file.

BR!
Yes... but while opening some tab files I used to get error in Atoll. Thats why I normally export to mif file.