PDA

View Full Version : Question?

kotaro
2010-07-21, 05:21 PM
Dear Senior,

what is the difference between rx level full and rx level sub?

Thanks before.

danikd
2010-07-21, 05:31 PM
Dear Senior,

what is the difference between rx level full and rx level sub?

Thanks before.

The difference is pretty small))) now seriously RxLev Full (RxQual Full) are measured and averaged over 104 frames (1 SACCH Multi-frame), while RxLev Sub (RxQual Sub) are measured over 12 frames only (8 SID - Silent Descriptors, and 4 SACCH frames).
This differentiation is done in purpose to provide correct Rxlevel and RxQuality measurements during DTX activation.
Once DTX is active (i.e. no transmission occurs), then measurements on receiving side are meaningless, but GSM provides an ability to perform those measurements on specific frames, that do not contain information, but only TSC and dummy datafill (SID).
In case when no active DTX, then Full values will be used.
Typically Sub measurements are less accurate than Full due to reason of few samples for averaging, but this is true only once we talking about no DTX conditions.

des118
2010-07-21, 06:38 PM
goooooooooooooooooooooooooood

2010-07-21, 07:37 PM
Hi,

attached document from E******* explains the difference between the FULL and the SUB-set values of RXLEV and RXQUAL in GSM and more details about DTX and speech measurements, hopefully you will find your query

Regards

patrickgoldrup
2010-08-06, 03:28 AM
Good Afternoon,

I too would be interested in reading this document. As a very new and green GSM carrier we have been having quite few problems between uplink and downlink balance and this would help me quite a bit in understanding what I am seeing between my switch and my TEMS Pocket device

Patrick

icebreaker05
2010-09-06, 06:34 PM
Hi,

attached document from E******* explains the difference between the FULL and the SUB-set values of RXLEV and RXQUAL in GSM and more details about DTX and speech measurements, hopefully you will find your query

Regards

Hi Avatar,

Could you please share this doc via email or external link. No credits left for me. I will use this doc to raise the issue if our problem in the network. I'm begging..please.. lekdechavez@gmail.com

BR

belmaroc
2010-11-09, 07:55 PM
Hi Avatar,

Would you please send me the document you attached in your post. Thanks

b.louachama@gmail.com