PDA

View Full Version : Question traffic sharing

ebol
2010-07-21, 04:08 PM
Dear expert,

I want to share traffic from DCS to GSM and GSM to DCS for some sites.

there is anyone can share what kind of paramater i should to tuning/change to make traffic sharing beetwen dcs to gsm n vice versa. i want to make one of them (dcs/gsm) more aggressively to handle traffic.

I'll appreciate if there is anyone can share knowledge. experience, or document related to this subject.

BR

sekit
2010-07-21, 04:38 PM
It is very difficult to share the traffic, try to set up the same layer on dcs and gsm cells, and than with CLS feature. This is not very popular. Another way is to try with LAYERTHR.

espertos
2010-07-21, 04:50 PM
it depends if you are using concentric cells or dual band cells..

in general if dual BCCH , you might need to play on the cell reselect offset to select the prefered cell in the idle mode ..if it is concentric you will need to set the prefered band and tune the outer to inner HO threshold as per your wish.
For example as normally DCS is inner if it is not the prefered band ..u have to make inner-->outer threshod wth higr signl levl

plannerguy
2010-07-21, 07:49 PM
Hi

on which vendor your working??

ebol
2010-07-21, 08:42 PM
Hi

on which vendor your working??

right now, i optimize for ZTE n SIEMENS Network

can u give me a suggestion, what should i change(paramter) to share traffik from GSM to DCS?

Aircom
2010-07-21, 09:26 PM
last week i balance traffic betwwen 1800 and 900 for huwaei equipment and give me good result en terms traffic balance.
900 :
cell layer:3
cell priority: 3

1800:
cell layer:2
cell priority:1
but you should study site by site.

and also try to play with tilt and hight.

Processor
2010-07-22, 01:35 AM
Why not reduce or increase the HO margin between theses cells

plannerguy
2010-07-22, 09:16 PM
Hi

For siemens just change the DCS and GSM thrsesholds

ie HORXLVDLI and HORXLVDLO

Regards
Plannerguy

k-lite
2010-09-07, 04:33 PM
Hi

For siemens just change the DCS and GSM thrsesholds

ie HORXLVDLI and HORXLVDLO

Regards
Plannerguy

Hi Plannerguy,

What is HORXLVDLI and HORXLVDLO? is this parameter located in BTS or BSC?
Thank you..:)

B.R.

RF Engr
2010-09-29, 10:19 PM
right now, i optimize for ZTE n SIEMENS Network

can u give me a suggestion, what should i change(paramter) to share traffik from GSM to DCS?
In dual band site you can increase CRO of the cell which is having low traffic,Also change PBGT margins in way e.g
i want to share traffic from 1800 to 900
PBGT (1800 ->900) 28
PBGT (900 -> 1800) 32
you can play with margins after observing the results of changes.
One more thing to keep in mind is if you are shifting traffic from 900 to 1800 in dual band site.normally 900 cells have more coverage and if you just try to share the traffic using parameters it might result in poor kpi's so try to check TA stats and reduce coverage of 900 cells through titls so that if it doesnt effect the network quality.