PDA

View Full Version : 3G ISHO Problem

edy.djunaedi
2010-07-20, 07:11 PM
Please any body just tell me what exactly the problem
when we meet all quality and Rx Lev good in 2G, no problem with routing in Core(Registered LAC) but when we have move from 3G network to 2G network its sudenly drop, I've also check BSIC and BCCH is okay..
note : ISHO KPI getting worst after retuning and rehomming in 2G Network (only view site)

need advice from suhu, guru, agan" ..

thanks
BR
edy dj

jbento
2010-07-20, 08:44 PM
Hi.

Maybe you are performing ISHO based only on EcNo and your 3G network has a larger coverage area than the 2G neighbour.

Have you tried lowering your rscp2d event threshold? Or maybe the timer?

d0000h
2010-07-21, 12:52 AM
Is it a core issue with interconnects?

jbento
2010-07-21, 03:33 AM
Do you have relocation failures? Do 2G and 3G cells belong to different MSCs?
If so, check the outer cell definition (the destination 2G cell) in the 3G-MSC (origin).

Also (I don't know why, but it worked for me) try defining the 3G origin cell as outer cell in the MSC where the destination 2G cell belongs.

Notice that due to Iur, the originating 3G MSC may not be the MSC directly connected to the RNC that owns the 3G cell from where the Hard HO is being attempt. The originating MSC is the one where the call began. So, if the 3G cell has poor ISHO KPIs and it's close to another RNC (belonging to another MSC), you may need to define the 2G neighbours involved also as outer cells in that MSC.

The more info you provide the more we can help.

grunfeld
2010-07-21, 05:02 AM
much more info is needed about the problem. 2g, 3g, core Vendor, type of locating used, what kind of counter shows the problem. 3g2g handover is quite complex.

senjamir
2010-07-21, 03:18 PM
Please any body just tell me what exactly the problem
when we meet all quality and Rx Lev good in 2G, no problem with routing in Core(Registered LAC) but when we have move from 3G network to 2G network its sudenly drop, I've also check BSIC and BCCH is okay..
note : ISHO KPI getting worst after retuning and rehomming in 2G Network (only view site)

need advice from suhu, guru, agan" ..

thanks
BR
edy dj

Hi,

I think it would be better if you have the protocol trace of the event. Its is easier to assess because we could give advice immediately. Normally if there is a drop in ISHO its a relocation failure in the RANAP messages. You can do variety of things such as checking the neighbor definition or the definition of the neighbor lac.

Can you tell me what equipment you are using?

Br,

Sen

edy.djunaedi
2010-07-21, 04:01 PM
For note :
Equipment 3G nokia to 2G ZTE..
GSM have no blocking issues
3G and 2G belongs to same MSC

I'm sure about LAC, BSIC, BCCH is correct.
and more anlyze until now, its happen on GSM, only few worse in DCS
I've check by counter from Netact and servo but I'm not sure about this..

is there another way to trace this problem.
if anyone have ever test or found in drive test please share to us..

for note: I'm just deleting GSM neighbor for a while..
still need advice to solve this problem

many thanks

BR
edy djunaedi

senjamir
2010-07-21, 05:58 PM
For note :
Equipment 3G nokia to 2G ZTE..
GSM have no blocking issues
3G and 2G belongs to same MSC

I'm sure about LAC, BSIC, BCCH is correct.
and more anlyze until now, its happen on GSM, only few worse in DCS
I've check by counter from Netact and servo but I'm not sure about this..

is there another way to trace this problem.
if anyone have ever test or found in drive test please share to us..

for note: I'm just deleting GSM neighbor for a while..
still need advice to solve this problem

many thanks

BR
edy djunaedi

Hi,

Did you double check the EWCE? since its a different vendor the cell for ZTE should also be defined properly. :)

Br,

Sen

edy.djunaedi
2010-07-21, 06:43 PM
dear Senjamir,

Can you explain more detail about this EWCE?
which part of parameter?
3G nokia or 2G ZTE?

senjamir
2010-07-21, 07:58 PM
dear Senjamir,

Can you explain more detail about this EWCE?
which part of parameter?
3G nokia or 2G ZTE?

Hi,

Im sorry i have some mistake ealier. It should be EGCE since your target is 2G ZTE. EWCE is for external WCDMA.

EGCE is used to introduce non nokia equipment in the network. The 2G ZTE sites should be define in the Nokia systems by creating EGCE (external GSM). You have to use Nokia Plan Editor to properly define the EGCE. Get the latest OSS dump and create your EGCE. See attached file for the template of EGCE.

Hope this can help,

Br,

Sen

edy.djunaedi
2010-07-22, 08:35 PM
Problem Close :

by Activate the chipper Mode in ZTE Equipment ..
To Engineer ZTE, Please make sure to activate this fiture after doing modify or something (rehoming)..

Thanks to all participant..