PDA

View Full Version : LAYERTHR Calculation

electron
2010-07-18, 09:31 PM
Dear Friends,

How practically we can calculate LAYERTHR in HSC networks in GSM system?
I have heard there we can use MRR report and traffic...

Thanks

d0000h
2010-07-21, 02:29 AM
Dear Friends,

How practically we can calculate LAYERTHR in HSC networks in GSM system?
I have heard there we can use MRR report and traffic...

Thanks

I am very familiar with HSC setting for E******* networks, but I don't think there is a specific answer to your question. It depends entirely on your network, how it's set up and what you want to do with your traffic.

I used it for a 850-1900 network to keep you on 1900 unless your RSSI gets low enough then move to 850. In this was 850 was "reserved" for MS who really need it.

Microcells usually had their own layer as they had protected frequencies and we wanted to maximize their capacity/usage.

CLS was active but rendered useless by our settings, we relied on HCS.

You could drive test (locked onto 1900) and/or use MRR data to see what RSSI levels on 1900 give what quality. Then make sure you set up your HCS to handover to 850 before it's too late.

But this is just one example, HCS can be used for many different reasons. If you could give more info about the details of your network and the main purpose of HSC for you we could give more advise...

(It's a "simple" concept but it can get pretty complicated with different
layers and bands and you are working though the reselection process.)

-Deuce-

dayyeh
2010-07-21, 04:04 PM
LAYERTHR is the signal strength threshold used to rank cells in different layers within each band. It is set per cell
it is used as a tuning parameter between interferance and capacity between cells in the HCS BAND
It depends on
1- the site type ( micro , macro, ......)
2- the same band or different bands

so it is defualt value is -75