PDA

View Full Version : Handover problem

kadir
2010-07-16, 09:37 PM
Hi all;

Need some help about handover between 2G to 3G. In our network, we keep the Ues in 3G in idle mode. We dont let the Ue search 2G network and with the parameters, when the Ue wants to make a voice call, The Ue immidietly enter the compress mode to handover to 2G network. But, this does not happen. When i take a log with tems, in layer 3 signalling, i see that the Ue enter the compress mode immidietly but it can not make handover to 2G.

Our parameter settings are below;

for Nokia 2G Sites;

Min CPICH Ec/Io Level=0,5
Direct Access Ec/Io Threshold=0,5
QSRI=7
QSRP=7
FDD offset=-32
FDM=-20

for Huawei 3G sites;

INTERRATCSTHD2DRSCP=-30
INTERRATCSTHD2FRSCP=-30
InterRATNCovHOCSThd=20
INTERRATCSTHD2DECN0=-3
QRXLEVMIN=-50

i am waiting your valuable reply;

thanks for all,

kadir

eritelecom
2010-07-16, 10:07 PM
threshold2F is equal to threshold2d which means that the Ue may fastly come back to 3G network since the threshol2f could be easily fulfilled especially in the case of low hysteresis of event 2f.

what about utranthresh3a and gsmthresh3a that have to be fulfilled for event3a triggering ?

tpkj
2010-07-16, 10:35 PM
threshold2F is equal to threshold2d which means that the Ue may fastly come back to 3G network since the threshol2f could be easily fulfilled especially in the case of low hysteresis of event 2f.

what about utranthresh3a and gsmthresh3a that have to be fulfilled for event3a triggering ?

Nokia is not using E3 tresholds for IRAT HO.

eritelecom
2010-07-16, 11:56 PM
Nokia is not using E3 tresholds for IRAT HO.

thus, by which event /thresholds IRAT HO is triggered ????
I think these events are not depending on vendors.