PDA

View Full Version : GPEH like in Huawei and ZTE

ocsibacsi
2010-07-14, 02:15 AM
Does anybody have any information about how the tracing/event capture works in Huawei or ZTE?

GPEH is a big feature of E*******, you could collect detailed data about any call in your network, produce a result like a regular trace (mobile measurements, neighbours, ...).

Does Huawei has such a feature?
And ZTE?

kevin
2010-08-02, 01:05 PM
I know Huawei has CHR which is similiar like GPEH in E*******.
I'm also looking for ZTE similiar feature.
Any knows? Thanks!

danikd
2010-08-02, 08:36 PM
I know Huawei has CHR which is similiar like GPEH in E*******.
I'm also looking for ZTE similiar feature.
Any knows? Thanks!

Can you elaborate about CHR? what kind of recordings is it?

Is it covering 100% mobiles or just part? Is it contains also interfaces Iub/Iu/Iur messaging?
What the recording ability and what is the dat formats for stored log files?

Best regards

slavicp
2010-08-02, 11:34 PM
Doesn anybody have it for e*******?

danikd
2010-08-03, 02:45 AM
Doesn anybody have it for e*******?

What do you mean for E*******?

You can find the detailed description of GPEH data and format of log files in Alex for RNC. Please, pay attention, that GPEH data content (events) may be various between different releases.

If you need this description, ask and I'll post it here

Best regards

shareall
2010-08-03, 10:07 AM
What do you mean for E*******?

You can find the detailed description of GPEH data and format of log files in Alex for RNC. Please, pay attention, that GPEH data content (events) may be various between different releases.

If you need this description, ask and I'll post it here

Best regards
Huawei CHR is also a good feature, it records all error events happened in the network. For an example if there is a call drop for a particular IMSI, it will be recorded in the logs along with about 10 previous events before the call drop. So we can see little bit of history events and correlate. Benefit is it will say all the protocols and devices such as DSP id of the processing board also.
Further in Huawei LMT you can do the interface scanning, so it is also an advantage for analysis.

kevin
2010-09-14, 12:24 PM
HI, Attached is the event log within ZTE RNC, not too sure what is the name(mostly known in chinese, no english term known) but I'll just said as ASSLOG (that's the directory where the log is found).
It is very similar to the GPEH in E******* or CHR for Huawei. Problem is there is too few documentations or deployment of ZTE 3G network and very difficult to get information or sample log. Unfortunately, it is all in simplified chinese but you can still see the terms and understanding of the events provided.
It has information like RRC, RAB, call drop, LU, HO etc.
Hope it can help.
Also, anyone can supply sample log from actual ZTE RNC?