PDA

View Full Version : L-25 LINE AMPLIFIER

Lesmana
2010-07-08, 05:56 PM
Dear Expert,

We are trying to share one IBS network by two operator.Infirst trial,the other operator claimed that their Rx-Level degraded after sharing the same feeder cable & antenna system.then it was decided to use Line amplifier to overcome this problem.

What we did then:

Our BTS O/P = 33dBm(E// micro) their BTS o/p 26 dBm(siemens)
1 feeder from their BTS & 1 From ours are injected in a hybrid coupler.then one o/p of the HC terminated by a 50 ohm load another o/p goes to the distributed antenna system which carrying both operator's signal but in different power level.

We manually calculate their power 30 dbm before amplifier and ours was 17 dbm.But the cellcomm's L-25 amplifier's i/p should not be more than 10 dB.so to reduce their power we used 3 couplers(15+10+6dB) in series and dummy load to terminate the coupler's o/p by a 50 ohm load.our main concern was to amplify their signal by using the amplifier but at the same time we also redeced our signal's power in the main signal line.

anyway we finally measure the i/p of amplifier is 6 dB and o/p was 40db.after deploying the amplifier we measure the power inside the building in different locations and found both operator's signal's level degrade a lot.

PLEASE HELP ME TO FIND OUT THE REASON.....AND INCASE OF SHARE, THERE WERE TWO SIGNALS IN SAME CABLE WITH DIFFERENT POWER LEVEL.SO HOW IT WILL AMPLIFY?

THANKS IN ADVANCE