PDA

View Full Version : Wimax/LTE

copier
2010-07-08, 05:13 PM
Every where there is an confusion if the wimax is a good technology or LTE is a good technology. Though according to me presently Wimax is better technology than FD-LTE. Request your suggestion on this.

cdmauser
2010-07-08, 07:52 PM
Well, it depends. Wimax is already an existing product with existing networks and handsets. The LTE is still under construction because the voice solutions need more testing, no real handsets are available etc.
We cannot compare them now, lets wait 2 years for that.

copier
2010-07-08, 08:12 PM
Yes. I agree that Wimax is much matured. But FD LTE has been launched commercially. Though TD LTE is under development. Thus I feel that Wimax right now is a good technology.

josogun2
2010-07-08, 10:32 PM
Every where there is an confusion if the wimax is a good technology or LTE is a good technology. Though according to me presently Wimax is better technology than FD-LTE. Request your suggestion on this.

Wimax is better for me.

firstmaxim
2010-07-09, 12:39 AM
I would bet on LTE. Mobile WiMAX at best will be adopted by tier 2 operators. I envisage issues regarding CS voice over LTE. A number of solutions have been mooted-VOLGA(voice over LTE over Generic Access), VoLTE (voice over LTE using IMS) and the CS fallback.But then the industy is already grapling with this issue, and I believe VoLTE solution will come out as the winner.

Regards

cdmauser
2010-07-09, 03:36 AM
firstmaxim,
The decision about voice over LTE was already done, VoLTE became the standard:
http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?t=7821

orangekors
2010-07-13, 07:00 PM
I believe that LTE will win this contest in the long run. The teleoperators in Sweden have all ready started building a LTE network and licenses for LTE frequencies have been sold worldwide. The operators will need to get their investments back and will roll out with the same speed as they did UMTS.

VMatas
2010-07-13, 08:00 PM
You sure? With not returned investments on 3G already? I'm suspecting that for LTE mass deployment we will need wait a while..

firstmaxim
2010-07-17, 01:37 PM
You sure? With not returned investments on 3G already? I'm suspecting that for LTE mass deployment we will need wait a while..
Data demand is spiralling, and the corresponding revenue has somewhat saturated. For the network operator, this means reduced profitability. This is where introducing LTE is meaningful. Since, LTE is packet optimized, has higher spectral efficiency, reduced network nodes, it will reduce the network cost significantly. So, there is a compelling case for the operators to implement LTE.

Regards

firstmaxim
2010-07-17, 01:49 PM
firstmaxim,
The decision about voice over LTE was already done, VoLTE became the standard:
http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?t=7821
Since, VoLGA, is available today, it is ahead of the pack. What I believe could hinder adoption of VoLTE is the sluggish role out of IMS by the operators.

VoLGA Forum recently released its updated specifications for delivering mobile voice and SMS services over LTE. The specs have new features and capabilities to facilitate rapid deployment:
-the use of VoLGA over HSPA
-support for SIM-less emergency calling
-optimized voice-bearer routing
-host APIs for LTE handsets

Regards

ghassen
2010-07-18, 04:52 AM
lte will be more efficient en terme of bandwith usage and also in term of equipment for example you don't need to buy a new equipement from nokia siemens just you upgrade the node b to enode b by downloading the software and this more costly efficient for the operator
the part wich is under investigation till now is the usage of the 16 qam modulation for some channels and more will come i will update aboute issues in lte

firstmaxim
2010-07-20, 03:27 AM
lte will be more efficient en terme of bandwith usage and also in term of equipment for example you don't need to buy a new equipement from nokia siemens just you upgrade the node b to enode b by downloading the software and this more costly efficient for the operator
the part wich is under investigation till now is the usage of the 16 qam modulation for some channels and more will come i will update aboute issues in lte
Ghassen,
The eNode B of LTE contains important hardware based on OFDM technology, which is drastically different from the existing WCDMA based Node Bs. New Base Stations will be an imperative for LTE deployment.

Regards