PDA

View Full Version : Question UE behavior in Idle mode related to S_intrasearch, S_intersearch...

leteo
2010-07-08, 03:47 PM
Hello experts,
In my 3G NSN system, I set
"Qqualmin = -18 dB,

Sintrasearch = 10dB,
Sintersearch = 8dB,

Ssearch_RAT = 4dB"
Take Sx = Q_qualmeas - Qqualmin, and in theory, we have :

•Intra-Frequency measurement thresholdSintrasearch

•If this parameter is not sent in the serving cell, the UE must always perform intra-frequency measurements. If it is transmitted and Sx > Sintrasearch, the UE does not perform intra-frequency measurements. If Sx <= Sintrasearch, it performs intra-frequency measurements.

•Inter-Frequency measurement thresholdSintersearch

•If this parameter is not sent in the serving cell, the UE must always perform inter-frequency measurements. If it is transmitted and Sx <= Sintersearch, it must perform inter-frequency measurements, but if Sx > Sintersearch, there is no need to perform this type of measurement.

•Inter-RAT measurement thresholdSsearchRAT m

•If this parameter is not sent in the serving cell, the UE must always perform inter-system measurements. If it is transmitted and Sx > SsearchRAT m, it won‘t conduct measurements on cells of radio access technology “m”. But if Sx <= SsearchRAT m, it has to do these measurements.

In driving test, I found that S_intrasearch, S_intersearch and S_searchRAT are signaled by UTRAN. (In signaling window of TEMS Investigations by E*******, I found these parameters) and Q_qualmeas = -5dB, so Sx = -5 - (-18) = 13 dB > S_intrasearch. So, in theory, MS does not measure all neighboring cells. However, I find that MS keeps measuring intra-frequency neighbor cells. It makes me confused :confused: :confused:.
I raised this issue to an expert, he said that it is a feature of RAN NSN. I tried to dig this feature but no light until now.

Any one in this 4rum could tell me why or any docs relating to this feature ? Apprecite :hug:

Thank you so much for your consideration. Hope get feedback, bros.

eritelecom
2010-07-09, 01:17 AM
your theoretical analyze part is correct.
I need the log file for further investigation with Actix.

Regards
eritelecom:)

johnsonsem
2010-07-09, 01:48 AM
Qqualmin should be 18

eritelecom
2010-07-09, 02:01 AM
Qqualmin should be 18

min Ec/No 18 db ???????????
this will prevent cell selection for Ec/No less than 18 db
since sx = Qmeas - Qqualmin > 0 to select the cell:(

banisha
2010-07-09, 06:52 AM
Some interesting stuff, I am anxious to see what will come out of it :)

cococrunch
2010-07-09, 11:48 AM
Hello experts,
In my 3G NSN system, I set
"Qqualmin = -18 dB,

Sintrasearch = 10dB,
Sintersearch = 8dB,

Ssearch_RAT = 4dB"
Take Sx = Q_qualmeas - Qqualmin, and in theory, we have :

•Intra-Frequency measurement thresholdSintrasearch

•If this parameter is not sent in the serving cell, the UE must always perform intra-frequency measurements. If it is transmitted and Sx > Sintrasearch, the UE does not perform intra-frequency measurements. If Sx <= Sintrasearch, it performs intra-frequency measurements.

•Inter-Frequency measurement thresholdSintersearch

•If this parameter is not sent in the serving cell, the UE must always perform inter-frequency measurements. If it is transmitted and Sx <= Sintersearch, it must perform inter-frequency measurements, but if Sx > Sintersearch, there is no need to perform this type of measurement.

•Inter-RAT measurement thresholdSsearchRAT m

•If this parameter is not sent in the serving cell, the UE must always perform inter-system measurements. If it is transmitted and Sx > SsearchRAT m, it won‘t conduct measurements on cells of radio access technology “m”. But if Sx <= SsearchRAT m, it has to do these measurements.

In driving test, I found that S_intrasearch, S_intersearch and S_searchRAT are signaled by UTRAN. (In signaling window of TEMS Investigations by E*******, I found these parameters) and Q_qualmeas = -5dB, so Sx = -5 - (-18) = 13 dB > S_intrasearch. So, in theory, MS does not measure all neighboring cells. However, I find that MS keeps measuring intra-frequency neighbor cells. It makes me confused :confused: :confused:.
I raised this issue to an expert, he said that it is a feature of RAN NSN. I tried to dig this feature but no light until now.

Any one in this 4rum could tell me why or any docs relating to this feature ? Apprecite :hug:

Thank you so much for your consideration. Hope get feedback, bros.

Hi leteo,

Just one question, how would know if the UE is performing intra-freq measurements?

The SIB messages are continually sent from BCCH, these are not all read by the UE depending on the RRC sub-states.

leteo
2010-07-09, 03:13 PM
Hi leteo,

Just one question, how would know if the UE is performing intra-freq measurements?

The SIB messages are continually sent from BCCH, these are not all read by the UE depending on the RRC sub-states.

Some pictures are for your info.
Logfile is too large, I can not post on 4rum :(

senjamir
2010-07-09, 03:42 PM

Hi,

I think its better for you to upload the log file in rapid share or any free downloading site.Its better to see the log file to assess properly. :)

The thing is intrafrequency measurements will only be triggered when the reselection parameters were attained so its very interesting to see your experience.

Br,

Sen

johnsonsem
2010-07-09, 08:57 PM
Some interesting stuff, I am anxious to see what will come out of it :)

it's true... let's waiting to see:p

ptt3i
2010-07-09, 10:53 PM

Dear leteo!

Can you upload to another link such as ifile, rapidshare, mediafire...

I think that it is better than the description through pictures.

Waiting for the uploaded logfiles for this issue.
ptt3i.

arefo1o
2010-07-10, 12:12 AM

can you uplode them so we can check the pics

leteo
2010-07-10, 01:42 PM
Dear leteo!

Can you upload to another link such as ifile, rapidshare, mediafire...

I think that it is better than the description through pictures.

Waiting for the uploaded logfiles for this issue.
ptt3i.

This is the link for logfiles :p
http://www.mediafire.com/?wcrwligntyz
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wcrwligntyz/Logfiles.rar

rosan
2010-07-10, 03:10 PM
Dear Leteo,

The log file you have uploaded is not the correct one I think. It is a log file of a dedicated mode test, not idle. Please check and upload the correct one. Also if can please mention the time stamp in the log you see that upnormal behaviour.

Also to download the screen shots we have to spend 5 credits :( make it credit free.

Thanks