PDA

View Full Version : Downgrading users to Junior - not OK!

banisha
2010-07-05, 12:06 AM
I have a complaint regarding the last downgrade of users to Junior status on 1st July 2010 and the reason is very practical one. I participated in some topics in Drive test and TEMS subforums and since rules have changed I do not have access to these topics.
You cannot change the rules of forum overnight (I mean you can it's your forum but it's not nice). It would be better to think, set rules and stick with it for at least a half year.
And one more thing. New rules regarding status should be applied to new members of the forum only. If I once met the criteria for Member status, it is not OK to downgrade. And now when I go to bed I do not know what my status would be in the morning.

Best regards

optimplanner
2010-07-05, 12:25 AM
This forum have a lot of good stuff that we need to protect because this type of information have a lot of copyright problems and a lot of people upload exclusive stuff of the companies in which they work.
You think gain 5 points of reputation and 10 post is really hard, nah this is very easy, and you have a access to a lot of exclusive stuff that only have this forum, and I think that the rules to promote the junior member to member are very softer for this we have a lot of leechers and a lot of users that put poor information with password and steel our reputation and credits,we need to stop this type of users that only post and don't open any thread, the junior member need to prove that he want stay in the forum and don't became in leechers that only say thanks or please the password etc.
We need to accept good people that want to contribute to the forum, that want upload good stuff to the forum grow up, but not users that only said thanks and not open any thread.
Look Banisha this is your first thread only to complain with the forum not to share good information, you have 13 points of reputation only need 2 more, if you had opened any thread I assure you had more than 15 points of reputation.

I have a complaint regarding the last downgrade of users to Junior status on 1st July 2010 and the reason is very practical one. I participated in some topics in Drive test and TEMS subforums and since rules have changed I do not have access to these topics.
You cannot change the rules of forum overnight (I mean you can it's your forum but it's not nice). It would be better to think, set rules and stick with it for at least a half year.
And one more thing. New rules regarding status should be applied to new members of the forum only. If I once met the criteria for Member status, it is not OK to downgrade. And now when I go to bed I do not know what my status would be in the morning.

Best regards

banisha
2010-07-05, 12:41 AM
I totally agree with everything you said. I just don't like the way this change was done. No notification in advance, like some PM, e-mail or something. Maybe this kind of forum rules changes should be broadcasted to all users so they would know when the change is coming and finish discussions in topics that are now unavailable to them.
You got good forum going, keep it up
BR

optimplanner
2010-07-05, 12:50 AM
Look Banisha this forum grow up everyday and the admin need think how prevent the leechers users that only want steel our information or leech and don't shared nothing, this is the reason for rule changes, we have more than 18000 users and only approximately 16% of this users are active and half shared good information not to mention that forum grow up everyday, the forum have a lot of registrations per day.

Anyway thanks for your recommendations, I know that the admin will consider it.

I totally agree with everything you said. I just don't like the way this change was done. No notification in advance, like some PM, e-mail or something. Maybe this kind of forum rules changes should be broadcasted to all users so they would know when the change is coming and finish discussions in topics that are now unavailable to them.
You got good forum going, keep it up
BR

anwar
2010-07-05, 09:19 PM

Best regards

now you became member again...

in my opinion....just try to give more contribution for our forums...and share more good stuff... than you will have more reputation...

i have been in your position (member to junior than become member again) :)...and just need more contribution to reach member than senior member...

Never give up friend...keep spirit for contribute....:D

regards

GEZA
2010-07-05, 10:00 PM
I am sorry to change the rules frequently.
But I have to.

gsm_forumer
2010-07-06, 04:35 AM
I agree with the first rule, Junior can't download attachments, but they can still read post.
But now they can't read post also.

Just want to remind you all that some of those Juniors might have answer for queries that are posted by members/seniors, but now they can't share their knowledge since they didn't event know what is happening in this forum.

If these junior are forced to upload some useful material, but they can't check whether that material existed in the forum, will it not become double post?
same thing with starting thread, sharing knowledge or asking for help, perhaps this thread already existed.

Please re-consider.

BR//

optimplanner
2010-07-06, 08:48 AM
Look your situation you are a user since 2008 and you only open your first thread today, how many documents and software you are dowload of the forum?, the users need to prove that they can contribute to the forum, look you have good documents you open a thread today.
First prove your contribution, became in member is very easy and we need to consider this too, to prevent leechers users that only post to the password etc, that not help in any post, I repeat gain 5 points of reputation is very easy i don't know why the junior member complain so much, the forum have senior members with more than 5 points of reputation one of this member can became in member with only one click if your post is very interesting, I recommend you post fast as soon that change the rules of password protect, users who put passwords on your documents and do not allow users to judge the content before taking their points of reputation.

Postdate: We need users that not complain just post some documents and gain the access, look this forum have a lot of good stuff that we need to protect to leechers and bad users that not open or upload any information ever, if we open all content and not prove our users the forum only gain leechers that not share or contribute to the forum.

I agree with the first rule, Junior can't download attachments, but they can still read post.
But now they can't read post also.

Just want to remind you all that some of those Juniors might have answer for queries that are posted by members/seniors, but now they can't share their knowledge since they didn't event know what is happening in this forum.

If these junior are forced to upload some useful material, but they can't check whether that material existed in the forum, will it not become double post?
same thing with starting thread, sharing knowledge or asking for help, perhaps this thread already existed.

Please re-consider.

BR//

gsm_forumer
2010-07-06, 01:58 PM
point taken, no hard feeling please.. :)

sedicla
2010-07-06, 04:07 PM
I don't even now what i've donne wrong.
Can you please explain me why i can't see some forums.

yogi_saw
2010-07-06, 07:24 PM
I even can't see my own threads, absolutely irritating as I can't see who have thanked me for my share neither don't know who have replied
I cannot answer them back if they have any queries
guys pls use pm for any queries

optimplanner
2010-07-06, 08:57 PM
The Junior Members can't see the softwares for wireless network because the members are tired for post like thanks, please password etc, we need to accept users who want contribute to the forum and upload some good information I repeat again became in member is very easy, only need to open a thread with good information don't complain so much 5 points of reputation is very easy to obtain.

I don't even now what i've donne wrong.
Can you please explain me why i can't see some forums.

I even can't see my own threads, absolutely irritating as I can't see who have thanked me for my share neither don't know who have replied
I cannot answer them back if they have any queries
guys pls use pm for any queries

banisha
2010-07-07, 06:24 AM
Guys, please stop giving me negative rep! I did not offend anybody, I was just expressing my opinion. If you have a different one, let's debate on it. And if you read my posts more carefully you would see that I'm complaining about the way downgrading was done and not about downgrading itself.
I am already contributing my experience with TEMS software, and concerning documents, as soon as I find something interesting to share, I'll share. But all the documents I have are already on the forum, and I'm not going to make double posts (like some members). And be sure that my documents will be pass free!

ptt3i
2010-07-07, 12:01 PM
Guys, please stop giving me negative rep! I did not offend anybody, I was just expressing my opinion. If you have a different one, let's debate on it. And if you read my posts more carefully you would see that I'm complaining about the way downgrading was done and not about downgrading itself.
I am already contributing my experience with TEMS software, and concerning documents, as soon as I find something interesting to share, I'll share. But all the documents I have are already on the forum, and I'm not going to make double posts (like some members). And be sure that my documents will be pass free!

"Share to be shared" is more useful than complaining in this post.

I think you know that.

Best Regards,
ptt3i.

gsm_forumer
2010-07-07, 09:20 PM
dear admin,

if don't mind, please close this thread.
if you feel this thread is useful, put it on sticky
I my self complain, and I've learned something (got bad rep)

just feel sorry with this thread starter for being received bad rep from other which I think, not being attacked by him

hopefully this post not also consider as bad complain since I just trying to re-build my reputation

banisha
2010-07-08, 11:54 PM
I've made my point, you can close this thread.

okyaa
2010-07-11, 09:09 AM

Best regards

see what about me?

hendral
2010-10-17, 11:10 AM

Please re-consider.

BR//

Many time we find Junior member or other member upload double stuff to gain member status. To override this issue It is better we are as member of forum should remind that The stuff have already been in this forum so Admin or moderator can close this stuff. And this forum became more efficient. Besides that we should appreciate to and give rep to first uploader.