PDA

View Full Version : Libraries NED6 and NED5.5

leteo
2010-07-04, 09:35 PM
Hi bros,

I already installed successfully NED6 Library, when I tried to add NED 5.5 library, error came out like this "Internal Error: Failed with an exception. Reason for the failure: com.nokia.metia.AgentException: File E:\Program Files\NSN\NED 6.0\Server\webapps\NED\libraries\ru_rel_10_v2_2009_04_26_10.zip not found. " even though I had "ru_rel_10_v2_2009_04_26_10.zip " in that folder.
I appreciate your help.

Tks,

ayman.absi
2010-07-05, 02:06 AM
Try to add another library just to check if the error from the library or from the installation of NED6.

cococrunch
2010-07-05, 11:04 AM
Hi,

Most of the error in NED are due to procedure of installation.
But theres still a way to add libraries manually, you only have to append the "LibraryMeta.xml" from the previous NED you have to the "LibraryMeta.xml" of NED6. Then you can copy the libraries in the "/libraries" path.

Stop and start NED Server then it should be working.

leteo
2010-07-05, 11:30 AM
Hi,

Most of the error in NED are due to procedure of installation.
But theres still a way to add libraries manually, you only have to append the "LibraryMeta.xml" from the previous NED you have to the "LibraryMeta.xml" of NED6. Then you can copy the libraries in the "/libraries" path.

Stop and start NED Server then it should be working.
Hi Pal,
Thks much for your help.
But I can not understand this "you only have to append the "LibraryMeta.xml" from the previous NED you have to the "LibraryMeta.xml" of NED6", could you clarify it?
My OS of laptop is window 7 Ultimate.
I have both NED6 and NED5.5 (including libs and .exe).
My colleagues installed NED5.5 and add NED5.5 libs successfully on winXP SP2, I copied all libs and .exe file from my colleagues but it doesn't work (Just only install NED5.5 on my laptop).
I removed NED5.5 the installed NED6, it ok when add libs of NED6. But when I add libs of NED5.5 on NED6, it occurs errors like above.
Is there any incompatibility with OS window 7 ?
If you know how manually add libs of NED5.5 into NED6, pls help.
Thank you.

Rgds,

cococrunch
2010-07-07, 10:51 AM
Hi Pal,
Thks much for your help.
But I can not understand this "you only have to append the "LibraryMeta.xml" from the previous NED you have to the "LibraryMeta.xml" of NED6", could you clarify it?
My OS of laptop is window 7 Ultimate.
I have both NED6 and NED5.5 (including libs and .exe).
My colleagues installed NED5.5 and add NED5.5 libs successfully on winXP SP2, I copied all libs and .exe file from my colleagues but it doesn't work (Just only install NED5.5 on my laptop).
I removed NED5.5 the installed NED6, it ok when add libs of NED6. But when I add libs of NED5.5 on NED6, it occurs errors like above.
Is there any incompatibility with OS window 7 ?
If you know how manually add libs of NED5.5 into NED6, pls help.
Thank you.

Rgds,

Hi Friend,

Just to clarify, you want to add the Library from NED5.5 to NED6 right?

I also got the same problem before, adding single file is OK for NED6, but I get errors on adding multiple files. Im not sure what causes this but I just found a way to add libraries manually.

Steps:
1. Open the xml LibraryMeta file from NED5.5, usually this is the path, "C:\Program Files\Nokia\NED 5.5\Server\webapps\NED\WEB-INF\LibraryMeta". Open with Microsoft Excel as xml table so it wil be easier to copy and paste as the headers are already aligned.

2. Open the also xml LibraryMeta file from NED6.0, usually this is the path, "C:\Program Files\NSN\NED 6.0\Server\webapps\NED\WEB-INF\LibraryMeta". Open also with Microsoft Excel as xml table.

3. Copy all the LibraryMeta data(except for the headers of course) from NED5.5 to LibraryMeta in NED6.0. Save this with the same name in ....\WEB-INF\LibraryMeta path.

4. Lastly, paste the libraries included in the LibraryMeta file in this path, "C:\Program Files\NSN\NED 6.0\Server\webapps\NED\libraries" including the indices in the indices folder. It should be working now.

If others have easier way of adding the libraries, any comments are welcome.

leteo
2010-07-07, 03:36 PM
Hi Friend,

Just to clarify, you want to add the Library from NED5.5 to NED6 right?

I also got the same problem before, adding single file is OK for NED6, but I get errors on adding multiple files. Im not sure what causes this but I just found a way to add libraries manually.

Steps:
1. Open the xml LibraryMeta file from NED5.5, usually this is the path, "C:\Program Files\Nokia\NED 5.5\Server\webapps\NED\WEB-INF\LibraryMeta". Open with Microsoft Excel as xml table so it wil be easier to copy and paste as the headers are already aligned.

2. Open the also xml LibraryMeta file from NED6.0, usually this is the path, "C:\Program Files\NSN\NED 6.0\Server\webapps\NED\WEB-INF\LibraryMeta". Open also with Microsoft Excel as xml table.

3. Copy all the LibraryMeta data(except for the headers of course) from NED5.5 to LibraryMeta in NED6.0. Save this with the same name in ....\WEB-INF\LibraryMeta path.

4. Lastly, paste the libraries included in the LibraryMeta file in this path, "C:\Program Files\NSN\NED 6.0\Server\webapps\NED\libraries" including the indices in the indices folder. It should be working now.

If others have easier way of adding the libraries, any comments are welcome.

Very kind of you, bro.
Thank you so much.
It helps now.