PDA

View Full Version : Dongle Dump Expiration Date Question

jocker
2008-07-28, 02:32 AM
Dear experts,
Its been just a few weeks since I started to make succesful dumps and emulation of some Optim SW dongles.
(I've used edge's sentinel and hasp dumpers)
Right now I can have access to other good optimization stuff being tested at my office, but I would like to know:

1. If the original dongle has expiration date, does the dumped/emulation version will have the same amount of time to be useful?
Or there is a way to bypass this? (I can implement your suggestions with TCPU)

2. Is it useful an original outdated dongle with installation files? or is unuseful?

thanks

clive
2008-07-28, 10:37 AM
1. When u are emulating a dongle dum with an emulator, u set up the expiry date in te emulator. Thus the actual dongle may expire but the dump using emu can work for ever.

2. Yes. Even if teh org dongle has expired, it is possible to take the dump & emulate the dongle. However some dongles just lock up on expiry & then u can't do much with them.

skyocean
2008-07-28, 12:43 PM
1. If the original dongle has expiration date, does the dumped/emulation version will have the same amount of time to be useful?
Or there is a way to bypass this? (I can implement your suggestions with TCPU)

the answer is yes,emulation version has the same limitation as real dongle. however, if you are using sentinel dongle, you can hopefully figure out how the software uses each cell, especially the expiration date cell, if it is hasp4 time, it has internal clock, both are modifiable. you will bypass the limitation.

2. Is it useful an original outdated dongle with installation files? or is unuseful?

if you get the first question, then you will understand this one.

jocker
2008-07-29, 02:31 PM
Hi,
When I plugged in the sentinel dongle (for TCPU 7.1.1) it was detected as an UltraPro.
In some place surfing the usual sites I read:

4All: Nottry dump ultrapro dongle with brute forcing WP. Dongle may be locked.

and in a commercial dongle site I saw they put a different dumper for a UltraPro remarking to not use brute forcing also.

So, dear experts, what do you think? By the way, I stopped the dump process when appeared to be stuck 'cause I don't wanna problems

Sorry if I bother you,
RF expert but dongle newbie :-)

shahram
2008-08-06, 02:51 PM
Dongle for TCPU 7.1.1 is super pro.(I am sure).
I used my original dongle with EDGE emulator and works perfectly.

Sentinel has no option to be locked by bruteforcing,but it is better to uncheck this option when emulating.
As far as I know just HASP dongle may detect brute forcing and locks the dongle.

good luck
Shahram