PDA

View Full Version : The Active set Problem

Serdar80
2010-06-25, 02:14 PM
hey guys?

The problem is that ;
The AS members are added, removed, replaced with a threshold value you know, but sometimes these As members just stuck in the As and do not replaced or removed, they are even with the values RSCP= -121 and Ec/No = -24 like this. Does anybody have any idea about what can be the reason of it ?
Or which parameter (huawei)should I check to understand the reason?

josogun2
2010-06-25, 04:35 PM
hey guys?

The problem is that ;
The AS members are added, removed, replaced with a threshold value you know, but sometimes these As members just stuck in the As and do not replaced or removed, they are even with the values RSCP= -121 and Ec/No = -24 like this. Does anybody have any idea about what can be the reason of it ?

put more light by telling us what happen when RSCP=-121 AND Ec/No=-24.
if you are on call, then the call should drop and ms reselect SC.
Also what is the RSCP and the Ec/No of the other SC in the AS?

senjamir
2010-06-25, 09:32 PM
hey guys?

The problem is that ;

For hauwei equipment you can set the relative threshold for the event 1A and 1B. Normally addition window is around 3 dB and deletion window is around 6 dB. You could also set the time to trigger for addition around 320 ms for aggresive and deletion around 640 for faster or 1280 for conservative setting. For any clarification just let me know. :)

Br,

Sen

Serdar80
2010-06-25, 09:57 PM
During the time period of logfile, Ec/No and Rscp levels of the As members getting bad in the drive test, Changing I mean and we expect that the good ones which have good levels stay in As according to the thresholds. And the worst ones have to be removed(before the rscp got -121 and Ec/no got -24 ) and there are better cells which are MN(assume the mn cells have the level of RSCP = -95 and Ec/No= -11 something).But somethings going wrong and the cells getting worst still stay in AS without replaced with the good ones untill the dropped call, untill the worst levels I mentioned .

Serdar80
2010-06-25, 10:02 PM
For hauwei equipment you can set the relative threshold for the event 1A and 1B. Normally addition window is around 3 dB and deletion window is around 6 dB. You could also set the time to trigger for addition around 320 ms for aggresive and deletion around 640 for faster or 1280 for conservative setting. For any clarification just let me know. :)

Br,

Sen

Thank you sen,
But nothing wrong about the thresholds and events or measurement reports. They are okay, the there should be an active set update untill those bad signal levels but it is not coming. I suspect about the Iub or Iu-cs parameters, somethings wrong about them.
that ı couldnt figure it out.. .

Serdar80
2010-06-25, 10:04 PM
put more light by telling us what happen when RSCP=-121 AND Ec/No=-24.
if you are on call, then the call should drop and ms reselect SC.
Also what is the RSCP and the Ec/No of the other SC in the AS?

by the way thank for trying to help guys..
Br,
Serdar

josogun2
2010-06-25, 10:50 PM
by the way thank for trying to help guys..
Br,
Serdar
you welcome,
update us with the solution.

Cheuv
2010-06-26, 04:47 AM
Dears,

In case you do want to accelerate/slowdown the HO, you can play as well with the Cell Individual Offset at neighbor relation level:

MOD CELL

or MOD GSMNCELL

CIOOFFSET

Also: be aware that since R10, Huawei can include in AS the detected SC

Hope that can help your optim

Serdar80
2010-06-26, 03:16 PM
Dears,

In case you do want to accelerate/slowdown the HO, you can play as well with the Cell Individual Offset at neighbor relation level:

MOD CELL

or MOD GSMNCELL

CIOOFFSET

Also: be aware that since R10, Huawei can include in AS the detected SC

Hope that can help your optim

thanks for helping,,
Br,
Serdar

senjamir
2010-06-30, 04:26 AM
Thank you sen,
But nothing wrong about the thresholds and events or measurement reports. They are okay, the there should be an active set update untill those bad signal levels but it is not coming. I suspect about the Iub or Iu-cs parameters, somethings wrong about them.
that ı couldnt figure it out.. .

What you can do is check the neighbor. :) The expected neighbor should be the candidate for the addition. You can trim down to IuB and IuR since your main problem is softhandover. you can also check the Iur maybe its a RNC boundary site.

casper
2010-09-03, 06:38 AM
Hi eveybody

HOpe you can help with the following topics?

Could it be possible for me to get permission for download the sources?

We have strange drops in 3G network in cases like:

1. EcNo and RSCP is good and in Softer handover ( Same NodeB ) but the call is dropped due to radio interface failure. these kind of drop is common and usuaaly reported also with VIP drops.

2. Another case of call drop happens generally after Event1B report.

3. We have cases call drop when active set update timeout