PDA

View Full Version : DATA TRAFFIC DROPPED AFTER MIGRATION FROM TDM TO IP IN HUAWEI BSC

parsarka
2010-06-24, 11:25 PM
Hi Huawei Experts,
DATA TRAFFIC HAS DROPPED ABRUPTLY AFTER MIGRATION OF GB LINK FROM TDM TO IP IN HUAWEI BSC & THE PCU CONGESTION HAS INCREASED HEAVILY.PLS SUGGEST THE SOLUTION ASAP.IT IS VERY URGENT QUERY..PLS
REGARDS

parsarka
2010-06-25, 12:34 AM
Experts,
Please reply urgently.

beniy
2010-06-25, 12:57 AM
Experts,
Please reply urgently.
Hi,
please check NSVCI and PTPBVCI for each cell in pcu and if need re config them.

parsarka
2010-06-25, 01:24 AM
Hi,
please check NSVCI and PTPBVCI for each cell in pcu and if need re config them.

Thanks,please tell me what is NSVCI & how should i reconfigure them..i want to know what is the criterion?

beniy
2010-06-25, 02:24 AM
Thanks,please tell me what is NSVCI & how should i reconfigure them..i want to know what is the criterion?
1)Check your PM! I sent you about NSVCI!
2) it is fair to add my rep for info and support
3) check and reconfig NSEI from bsc(or pcu) and also reconfig or reset PTPBVC
Gb Over IP

In the Gb Over IP connection mode, the communication at the Gb interface does not use L2PU. Therefore, the L2PU needs not to be configured when the load sharing and backup are taken into consideration.
If the number of RPPU boards at the Gb interface connecting the PCU6000 to the SGSN is more than 1, equally distribute the NS-VCs of the Gb Over IP to different RPPU boards.
One NS-VC group is corresponding to one cell group and they are identified by the NSEI. One PCU can be connected with multiple BSCs. The cells corresponding to one BSC can form one cell group. The NS-VC can be allocated to each cell group based on the traffic of the cell group. And the NS-VCs to each cell groups form one NS-VC group. The cell group and the corresponding NS-VC group are identified by the same NSEI.
Furthermore, Huawei sets up one SIG BVC (signaling BVC) for each cell group to manage the group of cells. The NS-VCs of one group should be evenly distributed to the RPPU board at the Gb interface in the system.

beniy
2010-06-25, 02:27 AM
1)Check your PM! I sent you about NSVCI!
2) it is fair to add my rep for info and support
3) check and reconfig NSEI from bsc(or pcu) and also reconfig or reset PTPBVC
Gb Over IP

In the Gb Over IP connection mode, the communication at the Gb interface does not use L2PU. Therefore, the L2PU needs not to be configured when the load sharing and backup are taken into consideration.
If the number of RPPU boards at the Gb interface connecting the PCU6000 to the SGSN is more than 1, equally distribute the NS-VCs of the Gb Over IP to different RPPU boards.
One NS-VC group is corresponding to one cell group and they are identified by the NSEI. One PCU can be connected with multiple BSCs. The cells corresponding to one BSC can form one cell group. The NS-VC can be allocated to each cell group based on the traffic of the cell group. And the NS-VCs to each cell groups form one NS-VC group. The cell group and the corresponding NS-VC group are identified by the same NSEI.
Furthermore, Huawei sets up one SIG BVC (signaling BVC) for each cell group to manage the group of cells. The NS-VCs of one group should be evenly distributed to the RPPU board at the Gb interface in the system.

External Input Data in Gb Over IP

The external input data are as follows:
The number of RPPU boards configured for the Gb interface at PCU.
The number of RPPU boards connecting PCU to SGSN.
The PCU is connected to the SGSN through IP network or not.
The number of cells supported by PCU.
The IP address and UDP port that connect PCU and SGSN.
The Cell ID (or CGI and RAC) of all the cells.
NSEI.
Tc, time interval of the MS flow control timer C.
Th, least time interval between Bmax and R, which are triggered by the SGSN when the flow control message is received on the SGSN side.