PDA

View Full Version : How to enable more than 2 UL TS in GPRS/EDGE (E*******)

wolverine
2010-06-23, 11:23 PM
Hello,

I have the following problem. I am using a multislot class 12 device which is capable of using up to 4 TS in the UL. However the network only allocates a max of 2 (even in an unloaded cell)

Does anyone know which parameter(s) controls this behaviour?

The BSS is E******* release 07B.

In the DL everything is fine and I get up to 4 TS when downloading a file.

I suspect this is some old config. as multislot class 12 devices are fairly recent and the older class 10 devices were only capable of 2 x TS in the UL.

electron
2010-06-23, 11:57 PM
Hello,

I have the following problem. I am using a multislot class 12 device which is capable of using up to 4 TS in the UL. However the network only allocates a max of 2 (even in an unloaded cell)

Does anyone know which parameter(s) controls this behaviour?

The BSS is E******* release 07B.

In the DL everything is fine and I get up to 4 TS when downloading a file.

I suspect this is some old config. as multislot class 12 devices are fairly recent and the older class 10 devices were only capable of 2 x TS in the UL.

There is a feature you needed to activated it named "EXTENDED DYNAMIC ALLOCATION"

Regards

mojiiiiii
2010-09-02, 10:33 PM
for 1 PDCH coded in MCS-9, there is a need of 4.5GCH

ie.
1 MS using 4PDCH in DL @ MCS9, it needs 4*4.5GCH = 18GCH

in UL, a MS can use more than 1 PDCH. It can use 2 PDCH without any special feature... (2+2 or 3+2)

There is also the new feature "extended dynamic allocation", which allow the following configuration : 1+2, 1+3, 1+4, 1+5, 2+3, 2+4, 3+3

Anyway, the dimensioning of the GCH is always done in DL. When you got your result, for example the link needs "50 GCH"... then you design an ABIS link with 50GCH. There will be 50GCH in DL and 50GCH in UL. 1 GCH is always defined symetrically.