PDA

View Full Version : How to recognize which logfile is video call or voice call?

phuvuong_uk
2010-06-20, 06:07 PM
Dear experts!
I wonder that how to recognize the logfile is for video call or voice call. Can we know it throught Layer 3 message

rosan
2010-06-20, 11:17 PM
In the RAB Setup message from the assigned DL SF you can differentiate whether it's AMR or VP

phuvuong_uk
2010-06-20, 11:34 PM
In the RAB Setup message from the assigned DL SF you can differentiate whether it's AMR or VP
Thank for replying, but could you explain more detail. Because in the layer 3 message of video call logfile i just only see the messages like RRC connection request, setup, complete.... ( i have already attached the printscreeen )
And one thing i aggred that the RAB message setup is used to tranfer voice, data, multimedia so that we can find that is video call or voice call, but the RAB message is just the message between CN to SRNC. So with the logfile we have, how to know it?

phuvuong_uk
2010-06-21, 01:14 PM
Pls help me. Thank in advance!
And i have one more question about RRC connection, hoping have the answer from you:
We have two types of RRC connection, these are RRC connection on special channel, and other type is on public channel.
I don't understand why when RRC connection on special channel requires Radio link setup between RNC and node B but on public channel doesn't require it.