PDA

View Full Version : Assignment & immediate Assignment

justdream
2010-06-19, 12:19 AM
Experts,

could you please help me to know the difference between (Immediate) Assignments Success/ Failure & Assignments Success/ Failure

Thanks in advance :hug:

RF engineer
2010-06-19, 02:36 AM
Experts,

could you please help me to know the difference between (Immediate) Assignments Success/ Failure & Assignments Success/ Failure

Thanks in advance :hug:
immediate assignment start from initiation of call ( at call setup) which already you reserved SDCCH and assignment start after immediate which means you reserve TCH.
BR
RF

justdream
2010-06-19, 11:12 PM
thanks a lot expert,
kindly, can you also tell me what's the meaning of Immediate Assignment No Seiz?

what's meaning by No Seiz?

danikd
2010-06-19, 11:35 PM
thanks a lot expert,
kindly, can you also tell me what's the meaning of Immediate Assignment No Seiz?

what's meaning by No Seiz?

We already discussed this issues few times.
Please, refer to this thread http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?t=8009
Just to remind, Immediate Command initiated every time when BTS receiving the valid cause on Random Access channel.
Random Access procedure sometimes initiating what called Phantom RACH process (refer to mentioned thread).
Immediate Assignment with No Seizure means that was received Random Access with valid cause value, BTS reserved SDCCH channel for seizure, but no one arrived there...as you may see there are two possible things may cause it:
1. Phantom RACH - already discussed
2. It may be that accessing mobile did not receive Immediate Assignment Command which is send on AGCH channel.
The second item should be investigated....some possible reasons can be unbalanced DL and UL (where UL has better conditions), Interference in BCCH channel, Low signal strength....