PDA

View Full Version : E******* GPEH missing events data

danikd
2010-06-18, 03:10 AM
Dear colleagues

I'm working on analysis of GPEH data in E******* UMTS network. I observing very strange situation, where some measurements do not appear in the recorded files.

I'm analyzing NBAP_Common_Measurement_Report, which should contain 4 types of measurements:
1. UL RTWP (UL Power Density)
2. DL TX Carrier Power
3. DL TX R99 Power
4. DL HS Required Power

Based on 3GPP spec. mentioned above measurements suppose to be standard and activated by default.
Moreover, those measurements are pretty well explained in all E******* documentation and GPEH recordings.
For some reason the DL TX Carrier Power (Total Carrier Power) does not appear in NBAP measurements. Same happen with Internal_Radio_Quality_Measurement_RNH, which is RNC internal event based on NBAP common measurement.

Can someone give an idea why DL TX Carrier Power does not measures or does not recorded?

Please, share your thoughts or your experience.

Waiting for you help.....

s52d
2010-06-18, 04:30 AM
Hi!

Just a guess:
You get different reading for HSDPA enabled and R99 only cells.

As there is no IuB IOT, vendor can make changes and RNC will still talk with Node-B

danikd
2010-06-18, 03:58 PM
Hi!

Just a guess:
You get different reading for HSDPA enabled and R99 only cells.

As there is no IuB IOT, vendor can make changes and RNC will still talk with Node-B

Can you elaborate more?

All cells are HSDPA capable, so I have not chance to compare it to R99 only cells.

According to E******* HSDPA should not affect DL TX carrier power measurements and only adding HS required power measurement.