PDA

View Full Version : Question [WTA] :NSN, HW Capacity is too low for feature 308, licenced based bts channel c

edy.djunaedi
2010-06-14, 04:25 PM
dear All,

HW Capacity is too low for feature 308, licenced based bts channel c

anyone can explain this appearance alarm??
is this related to 2nd Carrier?
is this related to management allocation for adding new capacity to new cell(expand to 2nd Carrier cell)??

and what do you think for recomendation??

note : 3 E1 + 30 Mbps ,FSMD+FSMD+FTIB

please need advice

thanks
BR

ebol
2010-06-14, 04:31 PM
dear All,

HW Capacity is too low for feature 308, licenced based bts channel c

anyone can explain this appearance alarm??
is this related to 2nd Carrier?
is this related to management allocation for adding new capacity to new cell(expand to 2nd Carrier cell)??

and what do you think for recomendation??

note : 3 E1 + 30 Mbps ,FSMD+FSMD+FTIB

please need advice

thanks
BR

halo mr edy

maybe for the first step you must find what is feature 308 is ?

in my opinion that alarm appears because the capacity of CE/Iub can't compensate the trafic

CMIIW:L

BR
EBOL

gprastomo
2010-06-14, 06:23 PM
Hello,

What is the active CE number ? Is it full license for FSMD, or only small CE licensed which are activated?

br

edy.djunaedi
2010-06-14, 06:37 PM
Hello,

What is the active CE number ? Is it full license for FSMD, or only small CE licensed which are activated?

br

I just see in active license is set to 362..
could yo explain, what is full licensed and small CE licensed?
and what the difference or when we used to one of these licensed?
what the effect of appearance this alarm especially in KPI?
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ASUSNB%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-11.pngfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ASUSNB%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-12.png

thanks
BR

gprastomo
2010-06-14, 07:00 PM
I just see in active license is set to 362..
could yo explain, what is full licensed and small CE licensed?
and what the difference or when we used to one of these licensed?
what the effect of appearance this alarm especially in KPI?
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ASUSNB%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-11.pngfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ASUSNB%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-12.png

thanks
BR

Hello,

What i mean is the number of CE active on that site.
Let say you have FSMB (max CE capacity is 240), but if you activate only 90 CE and the feature active is HSDPA Dual carrier, so i think the CE wont be enough.
For FSMD, it should be more than 500 CE.
You have to ask the planner, what is the number of CE required to activate 14.4 Mbps dual carrier, if the planner answer is let say 600 CE should be activated and your CE was only 362, so you have to activate the rest CE.
And i think its easy just to activate the license as you have already installed 2 FSMD.
The KPI degradation will be CSSR, and mite be SHO SR, and drop call will be affected also if SHO is not success

br

pUbLIS
2010-06-23, 06:10 PM
Hello,

What i mean is the number of CE active on that site.
Let say you have FSMB (max CE capacity is 240), but if you activate only 90 CE and the feature active is HSDPA Dual carrier, so i think the CE wont be enough.
For FSMD, it should be more than 500 CE.
You have to ask the planner, what is the number of CE required to activate 14.4 Mbps dual carrier, if the planner answer is let say 600 CE should be activated and your CE was only 362, so you have to activate the rest CE.
And i think its easy just to activate the license as you have already installed 2 FSMD.
The KPI degradation will be CSSR, and mite be SHO SR, and drop call will be affected also if SHO is not success

br

That alarm means exactly what it says:
- The Hardware capacity is to low for the licenses it has

That said...

1 FSMB have a default of 38 CE's and should have a maximum of 208 CE's uploaded to the nodeB. That means that a nodeB with 208CE's uploaded have a total available of 240 CE's.
Whenever you pass that line, should it be 240 CE's with 1 FSMB or 480 CE's with 2 FSMB (etc), it will pop up the alarm:
- HW capacity too low for (bla bla bla) licences.

If you have 1 nodeB with 1 FSMB and 260 CE's uploaded (total= 260 + 32= 292 CE's) it will report that so that you can do 1 of 2 things:
- Either delete the overflow of CE's till it has a total of 208 (maximum uploaded for each FSMB) + 32 (by default for each FSMB).
- Or upgrade the node adding more FSMB, in order to rise the maximum CE limit.

If you need any adittional help, just let me know.

Cheers

[EDIT]
I forgot to mention... CE means Channel Elements, and although I don't have it very clear how they are used, at least I can say that they define the NodeB service capacity and that they are uploaded to the NodeB like a normal license. Whenever the used CEs reach the uploaded limit, it starts to degrade its service (I think both CS and PS... but mostly PS)

maasricht
2010-06-24, 02:15 PM
For this alarm appeared only 2 conditions.

If one of FSMB/FSMD is faulty, also you get this alarm. Connect site and check extension Modules.

or you added Channel Element more than maximum capacity. Publis's already posted.

pUbLIS
2010-06-24, 05:37 PM
For this alarm appeared only 2 conditions.

If one of FSMB/FSMD is faulty, also you get this alarm. Connect site and check extension Modules.

or you added Channel Element more than maximum capacity. Publis's already posted.

It will only report the alarm cause the CEs limit decreased.. but that doesn't mean that if you lose the module the alarm popup. It will only depend on the number of CE's you got uploaded to the nodeB.

In our network we got lots of nodeB with 2 FSMB but only 208 CEs uploaded. And whenever there's a problem with the extension module and it doesn't detects it, the only way I got to really be sure that there's a module is to query the integration WO or to send a technician to the field. And of course.. it will not pop the alarm.

Cheers

maasricht
2010-06-24, 07:30 PM
Faulty means not working properly. In our network, several times I saw this alarm, and at that time (FSMB-D-E) was not working.

Look. For example: 2 x FSMB= 2 x 208 = 416 CE + 64 (2x32 inbuilt) CE = 480. If one of them is not working, than your max capacity is limited 240 CE. Although 416 CE added through Licence Manager, your capacity is 240 only. Than you'll get this alarm. If I find, I will send snapshots from BTS Manager.

Best Regards

pUbLIS
2010-06-24, 07:45 PM
Yes.. the alarm will pop whenever the CEs uploaded pass the maximum limit of CEs, being that limit calculated by the number of system modules on the node.

But like I told you before... and because each CE as a cost between 4€ ~ 7€ to the operator, sometimes you got nodes with 2 system modules but the CE uploaded are less than the limit just for 1 system module. That means that if you got the extension module faulty, the CE limit will decrease but not enough to pop the alarm.

jayjay
2011-03-11, 11:29 PM
HW Capacity is too low for feature 308 alarm means that the BTS have excess CE LK as compared to what the BTS system module sees.

With dual FSMB configured - maximum of 480 CEs.
1 FSMB = 208 LK plus 32 internal CE = 240
For dual FSMB we have total 480CEs

LK loaded should be in a total of 416 CEs (can be combination of LKs i.e 200+8+208 and alike...making 416 total for 2 FSMBs) plus the 2 internal CEs of both FSMB which equates to 480 CEs.

If one of the internal CEs or one of the FSMB became faulty, HW capacity too low for feature 308 alarm should appear.

Hardware capacity too low - which means the BTS doesnt have enough hardware to compensate for the total number of LKs loaded.

Send FLM at site to check the problem. Either the FSMB itself or the fiber optic connection or the SFP causes the problem.