PDA

View Full Version : Question Mobile Hanging due to Jammer

faisaladeem
2010-06-12, 10:09 PM
Dear Fellows,

I have experienced that my mobile goes to no service when I enter into an area effected by jammer (mosque) but even after I come out of the effected area, the mobile remains on no service and I have to power it off and on again to get the signal. I wanted to know if mobile radio hangs due to very strong jammer or is there some other technical reason ?

RF engineer
2010-06-12, 10:26 PM
Dear Fellows,

I have experienced that my mobile goes to no service when I enter into an area effected by jammer (mosque) but even after I come out of the effected area, the mobile remains on no service and I have to power it off and on again to get the signal. I wanted to know if mobile radio hangs due to very strong jammer or is there some other technical reason ?

you have to check the specification of jammer like output power and coverage radius of jamming may be you are still under the control of jammer if you go further ditance you will see if the mobile comes on

faisaladeem
2010-06-12, 10:58 PM
no its not the problem..like I said I faced this issue while entring a mosque and my phone remained on no service till I reached home again and then I restarted it. It has happened several times but sometimes phone comes back to service as soon as I come out of mosque.

RF engineer
2010-06-13, 12:19 AM
no its not the problem..like I said I faced this issue while entring a mosque and my phone remained on no service till I reached home again and then I restarted it. It has happened several times but sometimes phone comes back to service as soon as I come out of mosque.
It should not be like this may be your mobile has problem did you check with other kind of mobile as i faced this problem but it was normal when i came out of jammer coverage the mobile start normal functioning
BR
RF

elie
2010-06-14, 02:44 AM
It could be an operator parameter settings, "out of reach" Timer. Means when the network doesn't get any update from the UE during a certain amount of time it will stop looking for it. Thats why sometimes when the UE goes NO service and stays out of reach before the Timer expires, it will be able to re-access the network automatically, otherwise it will be lost by the network until it re-accesses it during the UE power up.
try it by urself with different No service periods of time (15 minutes and then 1 hour)

let us know.

faisaladeem
2010-06-15, 05:17 PM
Hi Elie, can you elaborate about this "out of reach" timer with GSM perspective? Network is not looking for the mobile, it is in fact the mobile which tells the network about its location by location area update procedure whenever it reads different LAC in the BCCH or by periodic location update depending upon the timer value.