PDA

View Full Version : intermodulation measurements

cocoloco
2010-06-11, 04:06 PM
Hi experts,

could anyone give me any idea about intermodulation measurements? i need it for indoor umts measurements, where intermodulation is high. I´ve heard about a swiss company that provides these kind of solutions, but i don´t have any idea.

thanks a lot

nofelet
2010-06-11, 08:49 PM
Hi experts,

could anyone give me any idea about intermodulation measurements? i need it for indoor umts measurements, where intermodulation is high. I´ve heard about a swiss company that provides these kind of solutions, but i don´t have any idea.

thanks a lot

Hi,
Sorry for question, but how to you find intermodulation, and that kind of solution you aspect, guide or methods etc...

cocoloco
2010-06-11, 09:51 PM
Hi,
Sorry for question, but how to you find intermodulation, and that kind of solution you aspect, guide or methods etc...

Hi nofelet, i don´t really know. I´ve been asked to do it. I have thought in a kind of spectrum analyzer or sthing like that.

Teaspoon
2010-06-11, 10:03 PM
Hi Cocoloco !

U're wright : it could be only by using a spectrum anlyser boy !

nofelet
2010-06-14, 05:01 PM
Hi,
Intermodulation in the WCDMA is characterized by ACLR parameter(Adjacent Chann. Leakage Power Ratio).
Tries to ask Uncle Google about ACLR measurement,is very much literature about this. As an example of the method is attached, choose your combination of technology and what kind of DAS use: optical, feeder etc.

s52d
2010-06-18, 07:26 AM
Hi!

WHat kind of interference? for adjacent ch. just camp there and compare
signal strength....

PN scanner can give you idea what is on the air.
But, if numbers do not match (EcNo is worse as expected), hunt for
other interference.

It might be some crossmodulation (other TXes), PC with 2.1 GHz clock,
oscilating TV preamplifier etc...
Spectrum analyzer is a must.

Monitor uplink signal strength: it can point to some interference.

The other day we found hanged HSPA terminal, transmitting full power.
Took some time to find owner and **kindly** ask for reset.
(FIrst we analyzed uplink interference in different cells to get approximate
location, then plain old goniometry on the field.)

Hi,
Intermodulation in the WCDMA is characterized by ACLR parameter(Adjacent Chann. Leakage Power Ratio).
Tries to ask Uncle Google about ACLR measurement,is very much literature about this. .

Interface
2011-07-05, 06:59 PM
Hi Guys,
U can used the PIM to measure the intermodulation. This machine is plug & play so it's very easy to use.
This machine is made by Rosenbeger.