PDA

View Full Version : omni vs panel antennas

intros
2010-06-11, 03:09 PM
Hello gurus,
One simple question for you:
For a small sized network(1000 - 3000 sites) where can I use omni antenna instead of panel antenna?(3 panels and 1 splitter versus 2(spatial diversity) omni antennas). From your experience is any benefit of using omni antennas (low gain, exposed to interferences, low capacity, unable to tilt, etc) instead of panels( 65 degree antennas)?
Let's except indoor coverage....outdoor(cities,towns,villages) only!
Thank you for your time and sharing your experince!
PS: it's not important technology, CDMA, GSM,3G,LTE, whatever... it applies to all

RF engineer
2010-06-12, 12:16 AM
Hello gurus,
One simple question for you:
For a small sized network(1000 - 3000 sites) where can I use omni antenna instead of panel antenna?(3 panels and 1 splitter versus 2(spatial diversity) omni antennas). From your experience is any benefit of using omni antennas (low gain, exposed to interferences, low capacity, unable to tilt, etc) instead of panels( 65 degree antennas)?
Let's except indoor coverage....outdoor(cities,towns,villages) only!
Thank you for your time and sharing your experince!
PS: it's not important technology, CDMA, GSM,3G,LTE, whatever... it applies to all
You can use omni in rural area where there are no site to be aware about it or in area which is closed and you few capacity.
BR
RF

Teaspoon
2010-06-12, 06:08 AM
Hi !

Ok for omni antenna, just respect distance to structure installed on! coupling problem. if not omni is no more omni :o

kevin_h811
2010-06-12, 10:30 AM
hI iNTROS,

U can use omni antennas on areas with crumb areas meaning very closed to each other but on low ground only..cannot raise up since it may cause interference...like a picocell.
u can also use on low elevated areas wherein the higher elevated areas with cells will not interfere with it....or small villages surrounded by trees and other obstructions(an enclosed areas) that will not interfere with other cells that have panel antennas.

REgards//

intros
2010-06-12, 09:36 PM
thx all of you for your answers, so i have a conclusion:
omni antennas only for isolate areas like some rural villages and antenna mounting height should be small .
What about mountain villages?