PDA

View Full Version : A>c>t>i>x – alert message during loading of log file.

tpkj
2010-06-04, 10:35 PM
Hi Gurus,

Please, could you help me with A>c>t>i>x?
I have alert message during loading of log file: “Your system has run out of memory. Analyzer will have to close down now.” The log file has 360MB size. The PC is with WIN XP and 4GB RAM. The same problem on WinServer2003 with 7GB RAM
This file is possible open on old PC with WIN XP and 1GB RAM. All A>c>t>i>x version are the same on all 3 PCs.

Please, do you have idea where the problem is?
Is it problem of physical memory of PCs or internal problem of A>c>t>i>x? I do not expect it, because I have checked it in Task manager and everything was OK.
Or is it problem with A>c>t>i>x and its database?
Is it possible to setup some memory properties inside of A>c>t>i>x environment?

Thank you for advices.

Rooster[BG]
2010-06-04, 10:45 PM
Hi,

When Actix process reaches around 1.3 GB memory Actix crashes. In my practice I found that the log file size is not the only one that matters.

You can try to create Network image with less parameters than the original logs.

I don't think that you can change any memory options in Actix. Maybe setting some of Actix's settings can affect memory usage but I'm not sure.

Hi Gurus,

I have alert message during loading of log file: “Your system has run out of memory. Analyzer will have to close down now.” The log file has 360MB size. The PC is with WIN XP and 4GB RAM. The same problem on WinServer2003 with 7GB RAM
This file is possible open on old PC with WIN XP and 1GB RAM. All A>c>t>i>x version are the same on all 3 PCs.

Is it problem of physical memory of PCs or internal problem of A>c>t>i>x? I do not expect it, because I have checked it in Task manager and everything was OK.

Thank you for advices.

tpkj
2010-06-04, 10:58 PM
Thank you for info.
Is this related to the A>c>t>i>x version?
Was something improved with Actix database in new releases?

Anyway, the funny is, that that big log file was possible open two month ago.
Is in Actix any internal logging or ... which can be deleted?

thank you for advising.

beniy
2010-06-04, 11:43 PM
Hi Gurus,

Thank you for advices.
Dear,
It means you have not enough space in your root drive.....
For example if your Actix is in C:\program Files\Actix
You should have enough disk space on C:
Delete or move unusable data from c:
it will work:o;)

coursekec
2010-06-05, 12:06 AM
Freeing up the drive in which actix is installed is one of the better options to get rid of the problem ....from my experience..

Best regards

Rooster[BG]
2010-06-05, 12:23 AM
Freeing up the hard drive is not the issue here. I have 70 GB free, 1G memory free, 5G free swap file and I still have the same problem.

You can see the release documents for the different Actix versions in the installation disc. In all documents is written "Performance improvement".

Thank you for info.
Is this related to the A>c>t>i>x version?
Was something improved with Actix database in new releases?

Anyway, the funny is, that that big log file was possible open two month ago.
Is in Actix any internal logging or ... which can be deleted?

thank you for advising.

tpkj
2010-06-07, 03:20 PM
Thank you for info about cleaning of hard drive. But this is not issue. A>c>t>i>x is instaled on C,and I have 200GB free space on C.
What about some registry inside of XP for extension of space for Actix's database?
Or Is this issue of some inter Actix's log?
Or it is issue of MS SQL Database which is used by Actix?

Thank you a lot for your answer brothers.

striker
2010-06-07, 03:42 PM
Thank you for info about cleaning of hard drive. But this is not issue. A>c>t>i>x is instaled on C,and I have 200GB free space on C.
What about some registry inside of XP for extension of space for Actix's database?
Or Is this issue of some inter Actix's log?
Or it is issue of MS SQL Database which is used by Actix?

Thank you a lot for your answer brothers.

Issue with the release version..

tpkj
2010-06-07, 04:18 PM
Issue with the release version..

Hm, I do not thin so. On all 3 Computers is installed February's 2010 version.
And as I mentioned below, on the weekest one, which is use rarely, I can open the big file, and on 2 computers, I can not (but 2 months ago it was possible).

striker
2010-06-07, 04:23 PM
Hm, I do not thin so. On all 3 Computers is installed February's 2010 version.
And as I mentioned below, on the weekest one, which is use rarely, I can open the big file, and on 2 computers, I can not (but 2 months ago it was possible).

try to use other version to compare..I already encountered that one..If can't then maybe there is some problem with your computer.

tpkj
2010-06-07, 04:38 PM
try to use other version to compare..I already encountered that one..If can't then maybe there is some problem with your computer.

Hm, in that case I have to use higher version March 2010, April 2010 or May 2010, because we are doing DT with TEMS 10.0.4.

But the problems are big files.

striker
2010-06-07, 04:43 PM
Hm, in that case I have to use higher version March 2010, April 2010 or May 2010, because we are doing DT with TEMS 10.0.4.

But the problems are big files.

try to use the latest version...maybe the big files problem is already rectified..

EJAY
2010-06-07, 05:32 PM
Hi i think we are using same solution.

striker
2010-06-07, 06:01 PM
Hi i think we are using same solution.

nope not all of us have same solution..some are using lservrc only without any *****..

tpkj
2010-06-07, 08:20 PM
nope not all of us have same solution..some are using lservrc only without any *****..

On one PC is Ejay solution and on the other two PCs is rpl7947 solution.
In the past it was working on both solutions.
But now it is working on rpl7947's mentionerd solution, and this PC was used rarely and it is the weekest one. What that means, I do not know. This is what I try to find out, why it is not working like 2 month ago. Where the problem is? MS SQL ACTIXEnterprise database or ...?

Thank you everybody for help.

imran5911
2010-06-08, 01:24 PM
Hi

you can close any other processes that are running and are not required. also you can increase the size of the page file.

tpkj
2010-06-08, 04:10 PM
Hi

you can close any other processes that are running and are not required. also you can increase the size of the page file.
Thank you for advice. Only actix is running on the PC and size of paging was increased from 4092MB to 8092MB - stil the same with loading of file with the size circa 350MB - "Your system has run out of memory.".

EJAY
2010-06-08, 04:16 PM
Hi you can try to uninstall and reinstall the program. be sure that once u uninstall, all files of a-ct-iiiiixxx are deleted.

regards,
EJAY

Rooster[BG]
2010-06-08, 05:19 PM
Hi Guys,

It it possible that even if you manage to load your data in Actix it is possible that during your work Actix runs out of memory and "freezes".

This happened to me while creating some queries.

I don't know if this problem is only with me but keep in mind that this is also possible.

tpkj
2010-06-08, 06:18 PM
Hi you can try to uninstall and reinstall the program. be sure that once u uninstall, all files of a-ct-iiiiixxx are deleted.

regards,
EJAY
Uninstali of A>c>t>i>x and SQL server was done. Still not working with that big log file. Thank you EJAY for advice. I will try to do last thing. Reinstal of whole PC, and then I will see.

Darko
2010-06-09, 04:58 AM
Uninstali of A>c>t>i>x and SQL server was done. Still not working with that big log file. Thank you EJAY for advice. I will try to do last thing. Reinstal of whole PC, and then I will see.

Don't do that ... it want help you...

EJAY
2010-06-09, 08:58 AM
one question what is the file size of that file? can you share it? so that we can try?

tpkj
2010-06-09, 04:39 PM
one question what is the file size of that file? can you share it? so that we can try?
EJAY, thanks for help in advance. The log file has circa 350MB.
The file is splitted and zipped here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/cM2zTk-M/2010-03-10_BMpart2.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/ppY3SKLg/2010-03-10_BMpart1.html

If you will have time, please, check it. If you need more info, let me know.
Thanks to other chaps for help and advices as well.